Can we beat the Rays? Just Once Before they leave our hospitality. It all starts with a line-up and that beginning will be posted by ChiTown right here.
Sorry I'm a tad behind, folks ... the summer commute to work is a beast ...
Things to Think About:
1. Swept? -- I hate waking up and starting my day thinking about the possibility of getting swept but look at that large grey thing standing in the corner. It's the Elephant in the Room... If the Twins don't beat a very tough Tampa Bay starter... They get to ride around on their brooms. Getting swept is the Elephant in the Room and there is a larger Humpback Whale in the room behind the Elephant. What happens if the Twins get swept and fall further back in the playoff chase. There is little doubt that the rubberband snapped awhile back.
2. Chris Archer -- Back in the old days... Archers were important to a nations war efforts. They would draw their bows to the sky and fire arrows high and they would rain down on the other side. There isn't much need for Archers these days with all the modern advancements in warfare. On the mound the Rays still have a real need for an Archer. Chris Archer... 25 Years old Right handed and from Raleigh North Carolina. Every city in North Carolina is named after cigarettes. Chris was drafted in the 5th round by the Cleveland Indians and soon began his career has professional trade bait. He was traded to the Cubs so the Indians could acquire Vodkadave's favorite player Mark DeRosa and later on was traded to the Rays so the Cubs could acquire Matt Garza. Sam Fuld was also part of that trade package so you can see how big it was. Archer has become the prize acquisition of that trade. He is currently holding a 3.51 ERA in 2014 and with all the injuries to the Rays rotation... Archer has done his best to keep a finger in the dike. He's a typical fastball, slider, change guy but his fastball has some extra gas... as does his slider.
3. Kevin Correia -- There is no question that Kevin Correia has done something awful in his life because very few seem to say nice things about him. Since arriving in Minnesota he has been a target of many. His current ERA isn't going to quiet the crowd but if you step back and look at his last 9 starts. 7 of them have been very good. He's been on a roll and dare I say it... Since May 31st... He's been our best starter. OK... I'll duck and hide somewhere after saying that.
4. Hit the Flipping Ball -- All of our All-Stars must be tired out from the extra work after the break. We don't seem to be hitting the ball very well. Speaking of the All-Star break... How bout that Derek Jeter.
5. Airport Security -- I don't fly that much but I'm off on a road trip today and I was thinking about how I'd rather drive than fly. I'm not afraid of flying... I'm annoyed by flying. 1. I like the scenery. 2. The seats are two small. 3. The Food sucks and you can't stop at a convenience store on the way to get what you want. 4. Airport Security is a pain. Don't get me wrong... In this day and age with everything that has happened. I'm all for Airport security... Check everybody out... Check them twice... Profile... Check the Old ladies... I don't care... Make it safe but all in all... It's a pain. The worst part is the shoes... I gotta take off my shoes and then I gotta put them back on again because of one guy who put a bomb in his shoe. If we have to do this... We need the Bra Bomber. To me... that would make airport security more interesting.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 20 July 2014 - 11:00 AM.