Bri: The Lineups are on their way... Being sent Fed-Ex to ChiTown... packaged along with a set of fancy spatulas.
Chi: So, I didn't receive the fancy spatulas ... it makes me want to withhold the lineups. But since anyone can look them up, I have no leverage to hold out for the spatulas.
Things to Think About:
1. Kyle Gibson -- All in all... I'm not concerned but it wasn't the best outing for our friend Kyle Gibson. Too many base runners mixed in with a couple of cookies and the Twins were playing from behind. Getting on base happens and sometimes it happens when you hit your spots and I've seen Kyle wiggle out of some base traffic jams before but last night he picked the worst times to groove a pitch or two. Two big swats... One by Longoria and one by Zobrist and the Rays had all the runs they needed to win. Kyle... Cookies are bad for you... Stay out of that aisle in the supermarket.
2. David Price -- Uff Da... Tonight the Twins face one of the best left handers in the game... 28 Year old David Price. That's fairly young for a guy who seems like he's been around forever. David is from Murfreesboro Tennessee... a suburb of Nashville. If you had to live in Nashville... Murfreesboro would be the place to live because you could tell people from other parts of the country that you live there instead of Nashville. If tell them that you live in Nashville... They automatically think that Minnie Pearl and Junior Samples are your neighbors. I've watched David Price pitch and I see no price tag hanging off his hat. However... you can assume that the Rays see a price tag hanging on him somewhere. He's gonna make some money in Arbitration next year and FA the year after that and the Rays simply don't pay the kind of money Price will get. So the trade rumors are swirling and people expect the Dodgers to pony up the prospects to get a deal done. They will have to get into the neighborhood of what the A's paid for Samardzija. The Dodgers can do it but a part of them has to hate that they can do it. Price is impressive... He throws hard and he mixes his speed. Good luck to the Twins tonight.
3. Arcia and Willingham -- Against a tough left hander... The lefty swinging Arcia will take a seat and be replaced by the lefty swinging Chris Parmelee. Chris was heard saying... Yeah thanks for getting me in Tonight against Price. Willingham is also taking a seat on the bench. It doesn't seem to matter if he is facing a lefty or righty right now. The Hammer is 4 for 32 in the past 15 games.
4. Derek Jeter -- I don't know why Derek Jeter is thought #4... It just seems like I'm supposed to after all the Derek Jeter talk before, during and after the all-star game. So let's all bow our heads and thing about #2. David Price is thought #2... Good Luck to the Twins Tonight.
5. Chicken -- Very tasty... I've been a fan my whole life. I was talking with someone who worked at a Chicken processing plant and he told me stuff that almost got me thinking about trying something else that is probably processed in a similar fashion but I don't know anyone who works there so I don't know about it. I think I should stop talking to anyone who works with food.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 19 July 2014 - 03:57 PM.