Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

That Didn't Take Long

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 3,927 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:01 PM

Not sure which forum this belongs on:

http://www.mlbtrader...tt-diamond.html

#2 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

Good for him, hopefully he rediscovers whatever it was that he had in 2012. Plus even if he does, he won't be doing it for a team the Twins will play a whole lot over the next couple years.

#3 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Hopefully he sells Willingham as a great player. ......

#4 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:52 PM

At least it's not the Pirates who signed him (Liriano and Worley), or the Rockies (Cuddy, Morney, Hawkins), or Baltimore (JJ), or the Brewers (Go Go), or Boston (Ortiz), or St. Louis (Neshek), or Detroit (Torii), or Washington (Span). I have been reading "The Closer", an autobiography of Mariano Rivera. Rivera is a dedicated Christian and a wonderful human being. His positive attitude is amazing. But as I was reading about the Yankee dynasty during Rivera's years on the Yankees (his only ML team), I was reminded how the Yankees kept their really good players year after year. The core of Rivera, Jeter, Pettit, Posada, and Bernie Williams stayed with the Yankees, for the most part, year after year. Notice also that they were at the 3 most important, middle of the field, positions (SS, C, and CF) plus a lefty starter (always a rare and valuable player) and the greatest relief pitcher of all time. The Twins had one of those positions covered with Mauer at catcher, until this year when he moved to 1B. SS and CF will have to wait a few years. The Twins have a really good closer in Perkins...but I submit, a really good closer is vastly more important to a winning team than he is to a team which has played under .500 baseball for 4 straight seasons. Perkins who does his job exceedingly well, would be more valuable to a team like the Tigers or the Cardinals than he has been to the Twins. I believe it is critical to obtain an All-Star SS (I prefer someone who is a better fielder than Jeter), catcher who can hit and call a good game, with a rifle arm and who is a leader of the pitchers and CF who can fly and who has an arm and then build around them. The Twins need to select the top college catching prospect, who will remain at catcher, in next year's draft...or trade for a top of the line young catcher The Twins drafted the top SS in the 2014 draft and the top CF prospect in the 2013 draft. I think the Twins are on to something. Now let's get several top prospects who are left-handed starting pitchers, and I'll really be a happy camper. Then pay them market value to keep them in Minnesota. We lost more than some good players, when we lost Hunter, Morney, Cuddy, and frankly, Hawkins. We lost men who played ball the Twins' way and who were responsible leaders. I want to see more men like them and like Dozier on the Twins in the years to come. It's more than just a playing a sport well. It's a mind-set...it's an attitude...it's consistency...it's dedication and good values and hard work. That's my Twins' Dream Team. Terry, you may contact me when you have an opening in the FO. I am willing to relocate. Gooooooooo Twins!

Edited by tarheeltwinsfan, 16 July 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#5 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,733 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:17 PM

At least it's not the Pirates who signed him (Liriano and Worley), or the Rockies (Cuddy, Morney, Hawkins), or Baltimore (JJ), or the Brewers (Go Go), or Boston (Ortiz), or St. Louis (Neshek), or Detroit (Torii), or Washington (Span). I have been reading "The Closer", an autobiography of Mariano Rivera. Rivera is a dedicated Christian and a wonderful human being. His positive attitude is amazing. But as I was reading about the Yankee dynasty during Rivera's years on the Yankees (his only ML team), I was reminded how the Yankees kept their really good players year after year. The core of Rivera, Jeter, Pettit, Posada, and Bernie Williams stayed with the Yankees, for the most part, year after year. Notice also that they were at the 3 most important, middle of the field, positions (SS, C, and CF) plus a lefty starter (always a rare and valuable player) and the greatest relief pitcher of all time. The Twins had one of those positions covered with Mauer at catcher, until this year when he moved to 1B. SS and CF will have to wait a few years. The Twins have a really good closer in Perkins...but I submit, a really good closer is vastly more important to a winning team than he is to a team which has played under .500 baseball for 4 straight seasons. Perkins who does his job exceedingly well, would be more valuable to a team like the Tigers or the Cardinals than he has been to the Twins. I believe it is critical to obtain an All-Star SS (I prefer someone who is a better fielder than Jeter), catcher who can hit and call a good game, with a rifle arm and who is a leader of the pitchers and CF who can fly and who has an arm and then build around them. The Twins need to select the top college catching prospect, who will remain at catcher, in next year's draft...or trade for a top of the line young catcher The Twins drafted the top SS in the 2014 draft and the top CF prospect in the 2013 draft. I think the Twins are on to something. Now let's get several top prospects who are left-handed starting pitchers, and I'll really be a happy camper. Then pay them market value to keep them in Minnesota. We lost more than some good players, when we lost Hunter, Morney, Cuddy, and frankly, Hawkins. We lost men who played ball the Twins' way and who were responsible leaders. I want to see more men like them and like Dozier on the Twins in the years to come. It's more than just a playing a sport well. It's a mind-set...it's an attitude...it's consistency...it's dedication and good values and hard work. That's my Twins' Dream Team. Terry, you may contact me when you have an opening in the FO. I am willing to relocate. In the alternative, I'm available for contract work from my law office here in North Carolina. Gooooooooo Twins!

Paragraphs are your friend. :)

#6 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:20 PM

Sorry, I got carried away.

#7 drunksam

drunksam

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:27 PM

At least it's not the Pirates who signed him (Liriano and Worley), or the Rockies (Cuddy, Morney, Hawkins), or Baltimore (JJ), or the Brewers (Go Go), or Boston (Ortiz), or St. Louis (Neshek), or Detroit (Torii), or Washington (Span). I have been reading "The Closer", an autobiography of Mariano Rivera. Rivera is a dedicated Christian and a wonderful human being. His positive attitude is amazing. But as I was reading about the Yankee dynasty during Rivera's years on the Yankees (his only ML team), I was reminded how the Yankees kept their really good players year after year. The core of Rivera, Jeter, Pettit, Posada, and Bernie Williams stayed with the Yankees, for the most part, year after year. Notice also that they were at the 3 most important, middle of the field, positions (SS, C, and CF) plus a lefty starter (always a rare and valuable player) and the greatest relief pitcher of all time. The Twins had one of those positions covered with Mauer at catcher, until this year when he moved to 1B. SS and CF will have to wait a few years. The Twins have a really good closer in Perkins...but I submit, a really good closer is vastly more important to a winning team than he is to a team which has played under .500 baseball for 4 straight seasons. Perkins who does his job exceedingly well, would be more valuable to a team like the Tigers or the Cardinals than he has been to the Twins. I believe it is critical to obtain an All-Star SS (I prefer someone who is a better fielder than Jeter), catcher who can hit and call a good game, with a rifle arm and who is a leader of the pitchers and CF who can fly and who has an arm and then build around them. The Twins need to select the top college catching prospect, who will remain at catcher, in next year's draft...or trade for a top of the line young catcher The Twins drafted the top SS in the 2014 draft and the top CF prospect in the 2013 draft. I think the Twins are on to something. Now let's get several top prospects who are left-handed starting pitchers, and I'll really be a happy camper. Then pay them market value to keep them in Minnesota. We lost more than some good players, when we lost Hunter, Morney, Cuddy, and frankly, Hawkins. We lost men who played ball the Twins' way and who were responsible leaders. I want to see more men like them and like Dozier on the Twins in the years to come. It's more than just a playing a sport well. It's a mind-set...it's an attitude...it's consistency...it's dedication and good values and hard work. That's my Twins' Dream Team. Terry, you may contact me when you have an opening in the FO. I am willing to relocate. Gooooooooo Twins!

Didn't the Twins select the top college catching prospect last year?
Better looking with the lights out.