Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/14): Duffey Deals on Derby Day

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Jeremy Nygaard

Jeremy Nygaard

Twins Database Manager

• Twins Database Managers
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 08:43 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...ls-on-Derby-Day

#2 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• Members
  • 1,579 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:46 PM

The Twins have drafted several college relievers over the last 4 years. Several the Twins have put in the rotation. Tyler Duffy is among them. Will he be the first to start a major league game?

#3 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,523 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:56 AM

Hicks was picked off and caught stealing.

I've noticed this several times recently (more than usual it seems). Are they working with him to be more aggressive on the base paths?

#4 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Was it both, or was he picked off and it counted as a caught stealing? And, I hope they are working with him to make him more aggressive, he's too fast not to run more.
Lighten up Francis....

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:41 AM

It's usually one event, not two separate occurrences.

#6 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 5,839 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

That was my assumption when I read it.

#7 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,523 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:23 AM

Was it both, or was he picked off and it counted as a caught stealing? And, I hope they are working with him to make him more aggressive, he's too fast not to run more.

From the game notes:

• [FONT=verdana]With Reynaldo Rodriguez batting, Aaron Hicks picked off and caught stealing 2nd base, pitcher Adam Loewen to first baseman Brock Stassi to second baseman Albert Cartwright.[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana][/FONT]http://www.milb.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?gid=2014_07_14_reaaax_nbraax_1&t=g_log&sid=t538

#8 strumdatjag

strumdatjag

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

It would be incredibly stupid for the Twins to call up Trevor May for his first start after sitting out with an injury. Who knows? Maybe he'll stay and be the next Cy Young for the next 20 years. However, it would seem best to see how he looks after his injury layoff before calling him up to the big leagues.

#9 twinssouth

twinssouth

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

The Twins have drafted several college relievers over the last 4 years. Several the Twins have put in the rotation. Tyler Duffy is among them. Will he be the first to start a major league game?

I saw Duffy in Spring Training working a lot with pitching instructor. I've been intrigued by him as a prospect to watch. His ball moves a lot. I believe he was selected after JT Chargois. Both came from same school. Duffy was the late inning reliever then Chargois closed. It's interesting he gets noticed. On side note, I still have hope for Luke Bard. Remember him? I saw him pitch year before last in Spring Training and came away impressed. He has a smooth delivery. This guy needs to get healthy. My guess is he's in ext. but who knows

#10 Dantes929

Dantes929

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

It would be incredibly stupid for the Twins to call up Trevor May for his first start after sitting out with an injury. Who knows? Maybe he'll stay and be the next Cy Young for the next 20 years. However, it would seem best to see how he looks after his injury layoff before calling him up to the big leagues.

You are ridiculing something that has never been suggested. His first start will be with Rochester on Thursday. The speculation is whether they would call him up for his 2nd start. Maybe just as silly but lets see how he does with Rochester in his 1st start. It wasn't an arm injury and I assume he has been throwing but still would be his first start in about 3 weeks.

#11 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,314 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

I saw Duffy in Spring Training working a lot with pitching instructor. I've been intrigued by him as a prospect to watch. His ball moves a lot. I believe he was selected after JT Chargois. Both came from same school. Duffy was the late inning reliever then Chargois closed. It's interesting he gets noticed. On side note, I still have hope for Luke Bard. Remember him? I saw him pitch year before last in Spring Training and came away impressed. He has a smooth delivery. This guy needs to get healthy. My guess is he's in ext. but who knows

I know, I know. He had a surgery in mid-May on his shoulder. when they went in again and found out what was wrong, they wondered how he had pitched at all the previous year. Tendons pulled off of bones. Just not good. But, he should be ready by next spring, or soon after.