- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Yesterday, 08:28 PM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Yesterday, 01:35 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Yesterday, 11:51 AM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Yesterday, 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
- Vikings legal team working with NFL to keep AP on sidelines
Nov 24 2014 03:03 PM
- AWESOME --> "The Bits Of Broken Chair Trophy"
Nov 24 2014 03:02 PM
- Article: Recap: Nascent Defense Shines as Vikings Move Towards Establishing Identity
Nov 24 2014 10:51 AM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Nov 24 2014 08:54 AM
Fuld, Mastro, and Presley
Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:27 PM
Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:46 PM
Two years ago CF was one of the absolute strength's/deep spots in the Twins organization. Suddenly the cupboard is bare until Buxton makes it(who is not exactly lighting up Ft Meyers, understandably so, right now).
So in summary, the complaints are not about Fuld himself. He has been exactly as advertised-a fourth outfielder who is functional as an injury fill in(or in this case a failure fill in). The complaints are about the total mismanagement of a critical position to any baseball team that prides itself(or claims to) on defense and pitch to contact.
Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:49 PM
I don't remember anyone complaining about getting him, he bailed the Twins out of some serious roster mismanagement.
Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:38 AM
In a vacuum, losing either of those two guys was not an issue, but given the context and how hamstrung the Twins were in CF, it was a bit galling that Mastro was lost to add Fuld, it would have been a lot better if the Twins had found another way to add Fuld without subtracting Mastro. Oh, and then there's the whole Kenny Wilson thing, too.