- Article: Vikings Game 7 Recap: The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same
Yesterday, 08:07 PM
- Article: Jerick McKinnon—Running With The Opportunity
Yesterday, 07:54 PM
- Vikings' RB Jerick McKinnon Fulfills Zimmer's Request
Yesterday, 04:30 PM
- Vegas favors (1-5) Tampa Bay over Vikings
Yesterday, 04:27 PM
- The World According to Zim
Yesterday, 04:24 PM
- Shame On You, Cook and Kanabec Counties
Yesterday, 04:21 PM
- Joe Webb back to catching passes?
Yesterday, 03:53 PM
- Judge Case not recused in Peterson case
Yesterday, 01:29 PM
- NFL introduces its own Lady Bing award
Yesterday, 12:15 PM
- Article: Something’s Gotta Give
Yesterday, 10:28 AM
Sickels midseason top 75
Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:20 PM
Bit surprised Gordon or Vargas didn't sneak into the bottom of the top 75. Apparently, there's a decent drop off after number 5 in our system.
Sickels, from the article:
"[COLOR=#292929][FONT=Mercury SSm A]The list does NOT Include 2014 draftees and new international signees"[/FONT][/COLOR]
Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:24 PM
35) Daniel Norris, LHP, Toronto Blue Jays (98): Has made huge progress refining his mechanics and command, and he always had the stuff.
If there is a deadline deal to be made with the Jays, I'd like to see the Twins bang the table on him, he was the one guy that outpitched Berrios in the FSL, before his promotion to AA, plus he's a a sorely-needed lefty.
Edited by jokin, 14 July 2014 - 02:31 PM.
Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:31 PM
Same 5 Twins names as in the Fangraphs midseason top 25. Stewart is the one who is notably lower for Sickels (although he was only #64 on Sickels preseason list too).
My thinking is more in line with Sickels as I feel Stewart has a ways to go to be top 25. Not that he won't be as good or better than Berrios but but think 40's is safer place for him right now. Nice to see the same 5 names though.
Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:52 PM
Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:41 PM
A little surprised though about Vargas, May, having great years, maybe and definitely better than last season. Not sure Polanco doesn't also belong. I suppose the run of early season errors has something to do with that. But there are so few middle infielders who posses that bat and hitting potential.
"Nice catch Hayes...don't ever f*****g do it again."
Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:59 AM
Anyone else that should have been in that "others considered" list? I can't think of any off the top of my head I guess. That list had probably near 100 more prospects listed so it's quite an extensive list. Thorpe? He was pretty high on a lot of peoples lists last year it seemed, has skipping a level (Elizabethton) and poor results hurt his prospectdom that much?
Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:11 AM
No, maybe next year after the Super 2 cut off. No reason to bring him up now - he's not on the 40 man roster anyway.
Yep, here's a good article Regarding Service Time & the 40 Man roster, using the Cardinals as an example.