Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Pam Oliver removed from FOX #1 crew

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 3,942 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

And replaced by Erin Andrews.

http://www.si.com/nf...rin-andrews-fox

Obviously a good move for the demographics but journalism takes a bit of a hit. Sideline reporters are basically kind of stupid but I always thought Oliver was the only sideline reporter who actually was good at the job. The only thing I remember of Andrews sideline reporting is how lost she looked interviewing Sherman after the NFC title game.

#2 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 8,375 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 02:32 PM

Hmm, I like Oliver a lot (for the role, which I agree is kind of meaningless), but I think Andrews is a better journalist than people give her credit for.

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :) Also, I am NOT trying to convince anyone I am correct, I'm just talking here, not arguing.

#3 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Toledo Mud Hens

• Members
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

I liked Pam Oliver. But if Fox does anything well, it's to unfailingly find women with fake blonde hair who are always the most qualified to present the news to us. :whacky028:

#4 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,509 posts

Posted 24 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

I have nothing against Andrews, but she is a pretty bad "journalist", her interview with Wainwright during the all star game proved it.

I don't understand why they would take Pam Oliver off, the NFL already gets every freaking eyeball in the country anyways, does anyone think that Erin Andrews is going to be the tipping point for some fan to watch the game? Oliver was actually a really good sideline reporter IMHO
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

:whacky028::whacky028: :whacky028::whacky028:

#5 hawkiconk

hawkiconk

Pale Hose Supporter

• Members
  • 255 posts
  • Locationlittle sioux river

Posted 24 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

I have nothing against Andrews, but she is a pretty bad "journalist", her interview with Wainwright during the all star game proved it.

I don't understand why they would take Pam Oliver off, the NFL already gets every freaking eyeball in the country anyways, does anyone think that Erin Andrews is going to be the tipping point for some fan to watch the game? Oliver was actually a really good sideline reporter IMHO

andrews is a pain in the patooey
but maybe i'm just not much a fan of the u

god bless the good ol' grateful dead