Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Monday Morning Madness: July 14, 2014

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...ss-July-14-2014

"Let's get after it." ~ Someone on the Twins, probably.
Kevin Slowey was Framed!

#2 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,653 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

I'd argue that Johnson, Pino, Darnell, Meyer, and May are all guys pitching well enough in AAA to deserve some time in MLB. I've said before I don't think Meyer will be the guy due to his innings limit/pitch counts, but if the decision was made to sell (and it should have), you may as well use the time to rotate those guys through the rotation and see who is MLB ready and who still needs work. I'd still trade Correia.

#3 tarheeltwinsfan

tarheeltwinsfan

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

News Flash! Scott Diamond has signed with the Pirates. His pitching flaw has been discovered and has been corrected. He is regularly topping 100 mph on the radar. He starts for the Pirates Friday night.

#4 gil4

gil4

Irrational Optimist

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

News Flash! Scott Diamond has signed with the Pirates. His pitching flaw has been discovered and has been corrected. He is regularly topping 100 mph on the radar. He starts for the Pirates Friday night.

Has he selected which team's hat he will wear on his plaque in Cooperstown yet?

#5 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

Señior Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:51 PM

I'd argue that Johnson, Pino, Darnell, Meyer, and May are all guys pitching well enough in AAA to deserve some time in MLB. I've said before I don't think Meyer will be the guy due to his innings limit/pitch counts, but if the decision was made to sell (and it should have), you may as well use the time to rotate those guys through the rotation and see who is MLB ready and who still needs work. I'd still trade Correia.

Oh, I'd trade Correia for the right deal too. I'd be pretty surprised if Pino, Darnell or Johnson have better MLB careers than Correia. Although, they are younger, so you never know.

"Let's get after it." ~ Someone on the Twins, probably.
Kevin Slowey was Framed!

#6 tshide

tshide

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:14 PM

I have the Topps complete set from '87 and there are also two Kirby Pucketts, one regular and one all-star. Although my favorite from that set is the Hrbek card, it shows him running down a fly ball.