Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Gleeman and the Geek, Episode 153: All-Star Break

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 John Bonnes

John Bonnes

Owner

• Administrators
  • 4,970 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 10:23 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...-All-Star-Break

#2 sleepydew

sleepydew

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

Ignore what you were taught and spell dilemma with "M Twins"! Wish I was at happy hour with you all tonight...

#3 BenB

BenB

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:56 PM

They can try to flip Suzuki for some long shot prospect but who is going to catch Meyer/May if they get called up. I would imagine their current top pitching prospects would benefit more from a reliable backstop that can keep the ball in front of them and call a good game than any value they receive in some unknown future commodity.

Edited by BenB, 14 July 2014 - 07:07 PM.

#4 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,590 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

They can try to flip Suzuki for some long shot prospect but who is going to catch Meyer/May if they get called up. I would imagine their current top pitching prospects would benefit more from a reliable backstop that can keep the ball in front of them and call a good game than any value they receive in some unknown future commodity.

They've worked with Fryer and Pinto and Herrmann all year... there is a trust and a confidence there. Accumulate talent. Then... bring him back as a free agent in the offseason.

#5 jorgenswest

jorgenswest

• Members
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

A correction...

John said that Aaron Hicks was hitting .149 against right handed pitching in New Britain. I think he clicked on splits in the BR site. Those game logs and splits include both major and minor league numbers and the .149 is a major league number.

Minor league central has splits. I think whether he is batting right handed or left handed is in question of both BR and minor league central.

The split is 306/414/469. It says R on R but I think it is L or R. In any case it is far better than the .149 we heard on the show.