Take it away, Brian! Well, don't literally take it away and walk off with it, just give us your spiel!
I'm just going to put it over here
Things to Think About:
1. Rockies Daily -- Colorado Rockies owner Dick Monfort has gotten into an Email war with a fan and the fun turned around and went public with it. The fan accused owner Dick Monfort of hiring good ole boys and ruining baseball in the region. To which the owner replied "Maybe Denver doesn't deserve a franchise... maybe time to find a new home". Clearly Denver fans are the only ones across baseball who are not satisfied with their owners, front office, coaches and players. These type of comments would never happen around here.
2. Tyler Matzek -- He's left handed... 23 years old and originally from Mission Viejo California. Mission Viejo is the largest planned community in the solar system. Everything about the city was planned... The population of the Mission Veijo is 93,483 and they planned for everyone of them. The city plans the housing... the stores... when you mow your lawn and what you have for dinner. Mission Viejo is the safest city to live in according to statistics. That's because each crime is carefully planned. A bike theft is planned for next Tuesday. I haven't seen Matzek pitch yet but he sports a 4.79 ERA in 35 innings of work. A 4.79 ERA for the Rockies translates to a 1.34 for the Padres. Matzek was a 1st round pick 11th overall in the 2009 draft.
3. Troy Tulowitski -- Tulo was a 1st round pick that worked out. He was 1st round pick (7th overall) out of Long Beach State. He's a SS who can play the position very well. And I by very well.. I mean very well. On top of his defense... He's the best hitting SS in baseball and by best hitting SS in baseball... I mean... The best hitting SS in baseball. He maybe one of the best hitters in baseball at any position. He's has been public with comments saying that he wouldn't mind playing for a winner. I can't imagine the Rockies trading Tulo but if they decided to trade him. It would take 4 or 5 semi's to bring home the haul coming back to Colorado. I can't see Colorado getting enough in return to justify a deal.
4. Nolan Arenado -- Back when the Twins played the Blue Jays... I went on and on about the amazing defensive skill of Brett Lawrie. Lawrie is the 2nd best 3rd baseman defensively that I have ever seen. Yes... All you old timers... That includes Brooks Robinson. Lawrie is the 2nd best because Arenado is the best. The plays that he can make are off the charts. Before Sunday's game is in the books... There will be a time when he makes a play that very few can make.
5. Garage Doors -- Came home late yesterday from work... Parked in the Garage... hit the Garage Door button to close it and it went half way down and came back up... I Hit the Garage door button to close it again... It went half way down and came back up... Hit it a third time and it did the same thing. I fully admit I have no idea what I'm doing but I grabbed a ladder and climbed up to take a look at it. My wife came out to the garage and here's the conversation:
Wife: What are you doing?
Me: The Garage Door wouldn't close
Wife: And what are you doing?
Me: I have no idea but the garage door wouldn't close
Wife: What are you doing with that screwdriver in your hand
Me: These things here adjust how far the door goes down or up.
Wife: Where are the instructions?
Me: We still have instructions after... what... 10 years?
Wife: Don't touch anything?
(She goes in the house and comes back with instructions... Meanwhile... I've summoned the courage to place the screwdriver in the hole and am ready to turn it... when she comes back with the instructions).
Wife: (Screams) WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!
(I was alone for a minute and was very startled by the sudden wife scream so... I fall off the ladder)
Me: Ow... That hurt.
Wife (As I lay on the floor) Wait for the instructions... What is it about guys like you... What is about Men... That don't read instructions.
Me: Do you have instructions for how to treat broken ribs?
Wife: Seriously... Why don't men read instructions?
Me: I think I'm bleeding internally. Where's the screwdriver? I think it's inside me now... I landed on it... I'm sure I did.
Wife: Can you just look at the instructions?
Me: If God intended us to look at instructions he would have put them in a place where I could easily find them.
Wife: I found them... So God is a woman
Me: Well I'm going to hell for sure now... and I won't know why.
(My Son walks into the garage... I'm lying on the floor... He asks what's going on and I told him the garage door wouldn't close.)
He pushes the button and it closes without problem.
Son: Just hit the button Dad.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 12 July 2014 - 01:15 PM.