ChiTown will have those lineups for you once released to the general public. Lineups can also be purchased through Ticketmaster... Along with Creedence Clearwater Revisted Tickets.
Sorry for my tardiness ... I was at a special dinner for the orchestra ...
Things to Think About:
1. Pacific Time -- C'mon... I can't stand it... I'm blinking out after the 7th inning. I'll blink back in and say to myself... "How did those runners get on base". My wife will come by and shut the TV off and that will wake me up so I blurt out "Hey... I was watching that". She says "Oh Yeah... What's the score"? To which I reply... "Yeah it's... Umm... I suppose I should go to bed". Why do we have to play another night game in Seattle on getaway day?
2. Relievers in the 1st inning -- Normally when you see a reliever in the 1st inning... Things have gone horrible wrong. Seattle has decided that they don't have a starter ready to go tonight so they are going to patch together a bunch of relief pitchers to get through the game. I do admit that there has always been a part of me that wondered if a team could do this more often. Most relievers are pretty good for an inning or two. One time through the lineup and put in the next guy. You don't have to worry about setting hitters up for the next at bat... You just bring the gas and let it fly. You won't see that hitter again so you attack him. The only team that I recall doing anything like this was the Colorado Rockies a few years ago. Well at least kinda like this... They got frustrated with their starting rotation so they set a hard low limit on pitches thrown and used the bullpen to finish up... It failed miserably.
3. Hughes/Gibson -- There have been a few times this year when Hughes and Gibson back to back have made up a nasty combo. The past two days were one of those times. I am starting to get excited about both of them. The consistency isn't totally there yet but both pitchers are exhibiting worthwhile talent often enough that I'm liking the idea of them in the rotation for a few years. Raise your glasses and toast to their health.
4. 7.5 -- The Mariners hold the last wild card spot right now and the Twins are 7.5 back from that final wild card spot. Many of us assume the Twins will be sellers come the end of July. I'm not assuming anything yet because the Twins still haven't had a real decent hot streak yet. If the Twins could time a big hot streak before July is up... Who Knows... (Pause)... Yeah I know... I was dropped a couple times as a child.
5. Baths -- I shower every morning and I like my showers. I clean up and I have uninterrupted time to plan my day ahead. I hadn't taken a bath in quite some time... Multiple Years... Maybe a Decade and Change... There wasn't a real need or desire to. When I got back from my road trip over the 4th after 10 hours in the car. I just had a feeling that a hot bath would feel good so I took one. I got in the tub... the water was warm but... I just sat there. Nothing to do... and I thought to myself... This is boring and the warm water isn't doing anything spectacular. I thought about my youth... I remember when I used to like taking a bath but then I remembered why... I had bath toys... a boat... a rubber duck... a toaster and a radio that my mom threw in.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 10 July 2014 - 06:29 PM.