Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Twins Owner Supports Ron Gardenhire, Terry Ryan?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

That means you are in trouble and getting the ax eventually. A vote of confidence when you suck is really a vote of no confidence. Just get Ryan out of here before the draft so he doesn't screw that up. Only problem who do you get to replace him this late into the season.

#2 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:54 PM

That means you are in trouble and getting the ax eventually. A vote of confidence when you suck is really a vote of no confidence. Just get Ryan out of here before the draft so he doesn't screw that up. Only problem who do you get to replace him this late into the season.

That's just one example of why your comment is asinine.

#3 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

So I would guess you would be in favor of giving both stooges 5 year extensions for all their great accomplishments.

#4 cr9617

cr9617

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

Agreed. That is one stupid comment....and I'm not a Ryan fan.

#5 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:21 PM

So I would guess you would be in favor of giving both stooges 5 year extensions for all their great accomplishments.

Hmmmm, don't recall saying that....looking again at my post, nope don't see that comment. What I'm saying is if anyone really thinks getting rid of Terry Ryan is going to change what is collectively wrong with this team, especially at this point, is seriously wrong.

The stooges comment is good, I'm pretty sure that's what you were saying when they were winning the division with regularity, somehow they just completely forgot everything they know about baseball. I'm glad our owner has some integrity, conviction and patience, it's the sign of a good leader, unlike someone who can't tell an acorn from the sky.

#6 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,511 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:27 PM

Without attacking or defending the comment, I sympathize with Darin's anger and frustration. We fans pay our hard earned money and spend our precious time to see what should be a quality effort. What we saw in tonight's game was nauseating. What I hate to see is fans turning on each other. We are united by a common mania or we would not be here. We all dream of a Twins World Series and the White Sox losing 162 games in a row. We often disagree about how to get there, but it should be possible to blow off some steam in here without turning on each other.

#7 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

Hmmmm, don't recall saying that....looking again at my post, nope don't see that comment. What I'm saying is if anyone really thinks getting rid of Terry Ryan is going to change what is collectively wrong with this team, especially at this point, is seriously wrong.

The stooges comment is good, I'm pretty sure that's what you were saying when they were winning the division with regularity, somehow they just completely forgot everything they know about baseball. I'm glad our owner has some integrity, conviction and patience, it's the sign of a good leader, unlike someone who can't tell an acorn from the sky.

So, I guess you want to tell me how great the AL Central was all those years. I also forgot about all those playoff victories Gardy has or should we say HAD. I wanted him gone after all those embarrassing years in the playoffs against NYY.

#8 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

So, I guess you want to tell me how great the AL Central was all those years. I also forgot about all those playoff victories Gardy has or should we say HAD. I wanted him gone after all those embarrassing years in the playoffs against NYY.

Which would have been another knee-jerk bad decision.

#9 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 616 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:35 PM

Which would have been another knee-jerk bad decision.

Get out your fancy calculator and tell me how many years ago was 1991?

#10 DJSim22

DJSim22

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:48 PM

I don't support the Twins ownership. Man I wish they'd sell the team to someone who wants to win.

#11 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 06:55 PM

Get out your fancy calculator and tell me how many years ago was 1991?

Ummmmm, 21, is that a trick question? I didn't even need my calculator, where did you go to school?

#12 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Whatchamacallit is the Best Candy Bar

• Members
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:33 PM

Ding! Ding! twinsnorth49 defeats darin617 by TKO.

#13 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:04 PM

Ding! Ding! twinsnorth49 defeats darin617 by TKO.

Nicely done.

#14 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,511 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:20 PM

We ALL won tonight. Let's hope that this can become a streak and we have stuff to talk about that is more fun.

#15 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:41 PM

We ALL won tonight. Let's hope that this can become a streak and we have stuff to talk about that is more fun.

Yes, the Twins won tonight, and the fact of the matter is everyone would be quite pleasant and at peace if the Twins did that more than they didn't. But, embrace these times on Twins Daily. Losing and chaos creates more subject matter and Evokes passion, anger, and mental instability. In a perfect world things will turn around and we will play .500 ball. The reality is we are going to struggle for a few more years... and the posts tonight... will be Uber normal for the duration.

#16 twinsnorth49

twinsnorth49

Moderately Moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 3,976 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 10:41 PM

I thought Gardy managed a great game tonight, really did a good job of sitting there and letting his players play. I do question his tactics in telling Valencia to hack away like a high schooler but his obvious influence on Diamond was evident. Ron was clearly the difference in the game tonight.

#17 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:11 PM

I thought Gardy managed a great game tonight, really did a good job of sitting there and letting his players play. I do question his tactics in telling Valencia to hack away like a high schooler but his obvious influence on Diamond was evident. Ron was clearly the difference in the game tonight.

I agree with you twinsnorth49. They also seemed to be wearing their uniforms a bit more precise. Maybe Gardy buttoned their jerseys and he straightened their caps appropriately. Valencia on the other hand is a vagrant and slouch. I think the Twins should trade him to the "Jersey Shores" program - for a player to never be named later.

#18 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,165 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

I agree with you twinsnorth49. They also seemed to be wearing their uniforms a bit more precise. Maybe Gardy buttoned their jerseys and he straightened their caps appropriately. Valencia on the other hand is a vagrant and slouch. I think the Twins should trade him to the "Jersey Shores" program - for a player to never be named later.

You obviously didn't see that strap hanging loose from Butera's leg pad. Why Gardy allows that, I'll never know.

#19 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:30 PM

You obviously didn't see that strap hanging loose from Butera's leg pad. Why Gardy allows that, I'll never know.

Damn it River Brian. You should have informed me of this earlier! Now i am going to have egg on my face.:(

#20 Nick Nelson

Nick Nelson

Owner

• Administrators
  • 2,169 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

This cracked me up.