Suzuki C (!)
Brian will be with us shortly ...
Shortly? I'm 5-9... I am always with you shortly.
Things to Think About:
1. Jenny Jenny -- If Gardenhire would have done this... Some would have crucified him but when Joe Maddon of the Rays does it... He is seen as colorful. Last Thursday against Max Scherzer and the Tigers... Joe Maddon threw together a batting order of 867(Pause)5309. Which you know stands for CF SS LF 3B 1B DH(0) RF... You also know it comes from the Tommy Tutone song Jenny Jenny(867-5309). It didn't work... They lost 8 to 1. I think they lost because they didn't have a 2B or Catcher in that lineup. If Gardy were have tried it last Thursday against Tanaka... The Batting order would have been Fuld, Escobar, Willingham, Plouffe, Parmelee, Morales, Arcia. How bout... the 25 or 6 to 4 lineup... Suzuki, Plouffe followed by Escobar and Dozier. "If 6 was 9" by Jimi Hendrix... That wouldn't be a batting order idea but it would signify Escobar moving to Right Field and as the Metric folks will tell you... Moving Escobar to RF would plummet his value. Wilson Pickett has a song called... "634-5789". (Breaks Applied)... Well... That's about as far as I can go with this. Moving on.
2. Iwakuma -- I didn't see a single pitch of the game last night... I was exhausted from my trip and I came home tired and I knew I was going to bed early. I knew it was going to be a rough night for the Twins. Iwakuma owns us... Everytime he pitches against us he shuts us down in embarrassing fashion. Nothing but zero's time and time again.
3. Correia -- I didn't see a single pitch of the game last night... But It was two solo shots that Correia gave up for a 2-0 lost. I know we love to hate him but he certainly gave the Twins a chance to win and he has been pitching a lot better lately.
4. Chris Young -- Once again we get to face the 6-10 control pitcher. It just sounds odd to type that... 6-10 Control Pitcher... Why is it odd? Well... 6-10 is a lot of length to keep control off. The Ability to throw consistent strikes where you want them comes down to mechanics and repeating your stroke. Repeating your stroke is all about keeping your body together and 6-10 is a lot of body to keep together... Tall pitchers typically... Just let it rip... The lanky frame can generate power... Yet not Chris Young. He's like Peter Dinklage all stretched out. He probably doesn't bump his head on doorways either. Someone may have told him along the way to "act his height" and he wasn't listening.
5. Dreams -- I was over-tired from the long road trip over the weekend. When you are over-tired... I find that you have strange dreams. Case in point... Last night... I had a dream... I was eating this huge marshmallow... When I woke up my pillow was gone. Just to show that wasn't a cheap joke... Turned out the pillow was knocked on the floor... But my wife was pissed... She slept on the couch because I was repeatedly biting her.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 08 July 2014 - 04:39 PM.