Brian is back home and thankfully did not crash while on the road yesterday, so thoughts will be up shortly.
While Driving through Wisconsin we did not crash at all. Although I was able to point out to my kids the places where others did. Wisconsin is a popular spot for crashing. As we drove down the interstate I was able to say... Just south of here... Stevie Ray Vaughan was killed in a helicopter crashed... Flew right into a hill side that looked just like those hills off in the distance... Over to the left is Madison Wisconsin... That's where Otis Redding's airplane crashed into Lake Monoma. If you keep going South and West... There's Iowa and that's where Buddy Holly was killed in a plane crash. If you keep going south... You got Ricky Nelson in Texas... Jim Croce in Louisana, Ronnie Van Zant in Mississippi and Randi Rhoads in Florida. The kids thought it was a nice to not be flying in Wisconsin. I was able to tell them that when he get across into Minnesota... I'll show them where Herb Brooks was killed in a car crash. They stopped looking at their Iphones for awhile and started watching for oncoming traffic.
Things to think About:
1. Seattle -- When people from the State of Washington say they are from Washington... Everybody assumes that they are from Washington DC and people from Seattle, Spokane and everywhere in between have just learned to roll with it and have stopped trying to correct it. There was a time when Seattle was known as collection of lumberjacks... Then it became known as the Home of Boeing... Then it became known as the software capitol of the world with Microsoft... Then it became known as the Home of Starbucks... Then it became known as the cradle of the Grunge Movement and finally today it is known as "The City that gets rained on constantly while under constant threat of Volcanic Eruption and Pacific Tsunami or simply getting swallowed up by massive tectonic plates that comprise the ring of fire." This new city slogan makes for a long bumper sticker and the artwork will blow you away. Anywhere that you go in Seattle... You see the top of Mt. Rainier hanging over the city like a moon. You try to look down just to avoid seeing it and there it is on the license plates of cars. You Look to the west... There it is... You look to the North... There it is... You look to the South... There it is... You look to the East... There it is. Seattle is also home to the famed Pike Place Market and it is a very impressive market and worth the trip... At the Pike Place Fish Market... Employees throw fish back and forth to each other for the entertainment of all. I was able to anticipate one of the fish tosses as I ran across for a clean interception of a three foot salmon... They didn't like that at all... Especially after I spiked it... My touchdown dance seemed to entertain the crowd... But they still didn't like it. Apparently... You must be an employee to play with the fish in this fashion.
2. The Mariners -- Seattle has been my team to watch for in the coming years. It turns out... They might be the team watch right now. If the season ended today... The Mariners would be in the playoffs as a wild card. I'm waiting for Seattle to win a world series because they have pitching and more pitching on the way. King Felix... Iwakuma... Taijuan Walker, James Paxton are going to be a formidable rotation. All they have to do is add offense and the addition of Robinson Cano is a start. When Zunino... Miller... Franklin and Montero become a little more experienced... They might have the combination of Offense and Pitching to be scary.
3. Hisashi Iwakuma -- He's 33 Years old... From Higashiyamato Japan... Which is a bedroom community of Tokyo. I'm not sure what a bedroom community is... But in my head... I just see a bunch of bedrooms. Or if it's Japan... I've heard that they sleep in drawers... so maybe it's just a bunch of drawers stacked up on top of each other. I remember the first time I saw Iwakuma pitch... I didn't know anything about him... Not a thing... I had never read his name written anywhere. I know who he is now and this guy is a pitcher... He's not a thrower... but he pitches as well as anyone. He doesn't come at you with a bunch of velocity... He comes at you with movement and location. He has a wicked splitter that falls off the table. His fastball will move in on a hitter and cause balls to dribble off of bats. He signed with Seattle for 15 million over two years. I remember thinking that it was a steal. Based on how he pitches against the Twins he's worth 40 Million a year.
4. Kendrys Morales -- Not only is Kendrys returning to Seattle... He is going to play 1B. Being that Kendrys hit his only home run as a Twin in Anaheim... I'm hoping he has that same... Take it to his ex-employers attitude against the Mariners. I hope Kendrys takes that .216 Batting Average and is able to say... "Take That"!!! Or "Tomar Esa"!!!
5. Taxpayers -- I like good moods and I don't like bad moods. I've noticed that when someone says "I'm a taxpayer"... I should walk away immediately because the person who said it... Isn't in a good mood. They never say "I'm a taxpayer and look at this beautiful park that the children are enjoying".
Edited by Riverbrian, 07 July 2014 - 06:05 PM.