Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

MinnCentric Forums

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/6): Buxton's Back

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 h2oface

h2oface

Lifelong since '61

• Members
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationTralfamadore

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Not to minimize the ongoing Nolasco Fiasco, only (only?) 6 of the 9 runs were his. The Twins would have won that game 7-6 if Swarzak would have offered relief and not given up 3 earned in 3 innings. The runs that scored with Swarzak on the mound were the winning runs for the Yankees.
Jorge Polanco sure seems like one that should be promoted as soon as possible. He cameo on the Twins, and his performance since he has been back in Fort Meyers is certainly deserving. I hate to see anyone held back because of age. It really seems the most irrelevant factor of all.

Edited by h2oface, 07 July 2014 - 05:25 PM.

#22 naobermiller

naobermiller

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

I see that Kennys Vargas is not listed on NB roster and has been listed in the transactions as "Inactive". Is he headed to Rochester (AAA) before the Futures Game?

Need more information on this.

#23 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

I see that Kennys Vargas is not listed on NB roster and has been listed in the transactions as "Inactive". Is he headed to Rochester (AAA) before the Futures Game?

He's on his way home. Wife is having a baby.

#24 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Let's Keep Winning!

• Members
  • 5,986 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:35 PM

#25 naobermiller

naobermiller

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Jorge Polanco sure seems like one that should be promoted as soon as possible. He cameo on the Twins, and his performance since he has been back in Fort Meyers is certainly deserving. I hate to see anyone held back because of age. It really seems the most irrelevant factor of all.

He may get a promotion to AA, and with a good performance through the rest of the year, a September call up and an opportunity to earn a spot coming out of spring training. I don't expect to see him in the majors again this year

#26 Craig Arko

Craig Arko

Kepler 452b or bust

• Members
  • 5,277 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:36 PM

Need more information on this.

Sounds like he's headed back to Puerto Rico to be a new daddy.

Ninja'd.
"Never try to teach a pig to sing- it wastes your time and annoys the pig." - Robert A. Heinlein.

#27 naobermiller

naobermiller

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

He's on his way home. Wife is having a baby.

Much better news than the "he got traded" scenario that was running through my head.

#28 gil4

gil4

Irrational Optimist

• Members
  • 1,072 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 05:39 PM

Wait, so now something's wrong with Buxton's back?!?!

Buh-dump-bump...

That was my first thought, too, when I saw the headline. Then I saw it was just Seth trying to give us all heart attacks. :)

#29 Sam Morley

Sam Morley

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:09 PM

I was at the Kernels game for this one, the night before too. Engelb Vielma was my favorite to watch. he crushed a triple to RF corner on Saturday, and has a great arm at short. He is tiny. Unfortunately, he came out of the game on Sunday after a strange collision with JD Williams in left field. It looked like he was holding his head. If anyone has an update on his status, that would be nice to know. It seemed like the offense really lost a spark when he came out of the lineup.

JD Williams sure has been at low A for a long time now, and he didn't look good at the plate at all over the two games I saw. He finally got a hit late on Sunday, and that collision in the outfield with Vielma was on him. It would be nice to see him earn a promotion sooner than later, but things didn't look good this weekend and his avg sits at the Mendoza line...

#30 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 1,465 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 08:48 PM

I was at the Kernels game for this one, the night before too. Engelb Vielma was my favorite to watch. he crushed a triple to RF corner on Saturday, and has a great arm at short. He is tiny. Unfortunately, he came out of the game on Sunday after a strange collision with JD Williams in left field. It looked like he was holding his head. If anyone has an update on his status, that would be nice to know.

Jake Mauer said after the game that he expected Vielma would have to sit out a week, the standard 7-day DL requirement for anyone with a head injury.

Nothing official, that I'm aware of, as of Monday night, however. Kernels had an off-day today.

Writing about the Minnesota Twins and their minor league organization, with an emphasis on the Cedar Rapids Kernels, at Knuckleballsblog.com since 2010.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#31 HansGruber

HansGruber

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 09:26 PM

It is not lost on me that the title is "Buxton's Back" with a picture of Buxtons back, very clever. Posted Image

#32 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 12,554 posts

Posted 07 July 2014 - 10:17 PM

It is not lost on me that the title is "Buxton's Back" with a picture of Buxtons back, very clever. Posted Image

Thank you for noticing!! Ha!

#33 stringer bell

stringer bell

Staunch supporter of the worst team in mlb. Who's the fool?

• Twins Mods
  • 7,267 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 08 July 2014 - 05:15 PM

Oh snap! Now the Miracle is rained out tonight. When can I get my Buxton fix!

#34 strumdatjag

strumdatjag

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 03:02 PM

Buxton's hitless in his first three games after returning. One BB.