- Article: Preparing For An Off-Season Of Change
Today, 09:07 AM
- Article: How Does Teddy Compare? - Version 3.0
Today, 08:23 AM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Yesterday, 10:05 PM
- Barr Out for the Remainder of the Season with Knee Surgery
Yesterday, 09:03 PM
- Article: Hanging with Chad One More Year
Yesterday, 05:39 PM
- Norv Turner defends his rookie QB
Yesterday, 11:17 AM
- Article: Vikings Succeed with Next Man Up Mentality
Yesterday, 07:22 AM
- Article: What to do With Matt Kalil
Dec 18 2014 09:57 PM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Dec 18 2014 09:00 PM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Next Year's Optimism, Playing Rookies and Draft Strategy
Dec 18 2014 07:24 PM
Posted 07 May 2012 - 02:59 PM
Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:29 PM
Fair enough. I like Dozier being thrown into the two-spot for his first game for excitement purposes, but I would prefer Mauer there. Maybe not with Willingham and Morneau out, I guess.
I bet Carroll hits better down there, and I like he and Span still back-to-back.
I agree that Carroll hitting in front of Span is a nice combo. I'd prefer to see Mauer at the #2 with someone else at the #3 but option are limited. Gardy always likes a MI hitting 2nd but skills and not position should dictate that.
Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:01 PM
Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:12 PM
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:37 PM
Joe C explained some of the lunacy in the lineup: Willingham has some sort of a virus (aka "flu" but not influenza, really) and Casilla has a sore shoulder from a dive in Seattle
Ok, so once again, the entirety of the Twins bench will consist of Drew Butera? Can we please drop a pitcher?
Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:50 PM
I would have bet the under.
I was strongly considering the under as well but decided to hope for a miracle. Didn't fully realize Willingham is out which makes the lineup worse than over 1/2 the AAA lineups in minors.
Now just hoping for 1 hit which is terribly sad. Has there ever been a MLB team so putrid that you just pray for 1 measly hit????