While I have a pocket of internet... Let's do this. ChiTown will post lineups here.
Things to think about:
1. Hotels -- In the year 2014... I'm not sure how a hotel can get away with not having fantastic Wi-Fi in all rooms. But the Hotel I'm staying at struggles to load anything. However the pillows look arranged real nice when we walked in the room... All fluffy and clean. It's a good thing since I might as well just go to sleep with a circle spinning around and around on my I-Pad not loading anything. I am standing next to the door posting since my page happened to load in this spot and this spot only. If I walk a foot in either direction... It goes back to spinning. Anyway... It's 2014... Internet service in hotels should be more important than fluffy pillows.
2. Phil Hughes -- The Ol' Crooked number got him again yesterday. It's been his only bugaboo all year... The occasional big inning. He was out dueling Tanaka for 4 innings and then came the 5th.
3. Kyle Gibson -- Hughes and Gibson have become our 1-2 Punch... It's more like a 1-2 slapping because our hitters haven't been helping. Hughes missed with his slap yesterday but not to fear... Kyle Gibson is here.
4. New Yorkers -- New Yorkers sound different than Minnesotans do. And when a New Yorker is watching a game at Target Field in the middle of Minnesotans. When Beltran homers... They stand up and yell at all of us. They taunt us all... They say... Take that... And they point their fingers... They even tell us to F you... I was laughing... Because. I knew that the entire section could take that guy and was thinking about it.
5. The 4th of July -- It was July 4th 1776... America the Beautiful with Spacious Skies declared its independence from England. I'm told it was an important time in our history. Without this Declaration of Independence... In theory we would still be dependent. At some point in time my kids will declare independence... And only come over for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I'm sure they will save the date it happens and shoot off fireworks as well. Yelling Happy 12th of May or whenever. I was 18 when I declared my independence and moved to New Mexico... I was 19 when I came back home declaring a false start on my earlier Declaration of Independence. Eventually... I did it... I became fully independent and then I got married!!! Marriage is a lot like taxation without representation. Anyway... Happy Birthday America!!!
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 04 July 2014 - 10:15 AM.