Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (7/3): Alex Meyer Bounces Back

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Eric R Pleiss

Eric R Pleiss

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 06:32 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...er-Bounces-Back

@ERolfPleiss

"A hotdog is a sandwich."

#2 Eric R Pleiss

Eric R Pleiss

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:12 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...er-Bounces-Back

@ERolfPleiss

"A hotdog is a sandwich."

#3 jaimedude2

jaimedude2

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

Instead we get to watch the Twins waste away another season while the clearly "not ready" Alex Meyer wastes his pitch count in AAA.
Paul Lambert has called a dumpster fire by the Twins and now it seems their dumpster diving ways are starting to catch up with this franchise. All of the negativity and losing by this franchise is really starting to suck.
If your going to lose why not do it with Santana at short stop when he is healthy, Polanco at second base and Rosario in center field and Romero at third base, it is getting really old watching the slow footed Twins give up so many outfield outs. At least the younger guys if raw would provide some team speed.
Time to douche out the old and bring in the new, if your going to lose minus well take your lumps with kids than the status quo. At least then the games might actually be entertaining. Three straight called looking strikes even if the ump was off is a lousy way to end a game

#4 Twinsoholic

Twinsoholic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

I would have selected Sam Gibbons and his 11 Ks as the pitcher of the day. Meyers pitched well but had a lot of walks in 6 innings.

#5 LewFordLives

LewFordLives

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:24 AM

I assume Berrios' time in Ft. Myers is soon coming to an end.

#6 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,173 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

Gibbons is interesting. Very talented, but very raw guy from Australia. Spent the last two years in the GCL and certainly appears ready now for this jump to the Appy League!

#7 benji21

benji21

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:09 PM

I love that the twins are picking Australia clean. Other of there strategies make me sad but this one I am fully on board with. Really sharp and Gibson may be another fun prospect to follow.

#8 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:07 PM

Another Aussie Todd Van Steesel throwing well in relief for Kernels

#9 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,290 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

If your going to lose why not do it with Santana at short stop when he is healthy, Polanco at second base and Rosario in center field and Romero at third base, it is getting really old watching the slow footed Twins give up so many outfield outs.Polanco at second base and Rosario in center field and Romero at third base, it is getting really old watching the slow footed Twins give up so many outfield outs.

So you think the Twins should bench their best player and replace him with a defensively shaky kid who hadn't played above A ball until two weeks ago?

That's a great idea if your end goal is to lose 105 games and stunt the development of several 20 year olds.