Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

AJ Achter named AAA All Star

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,035 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:06 AM

AJ Achter will be the Rochester Red Wings lone representative in the AAA All Star game this year. He was voted onto the roster.

Achter has had another tremendous season. He began with 3 games in New Britain before being promoted back to the Red Wings.

In 22 games and 39.1 innings, AJ has a 1.60 ERA and a 0.71 WHIP. Opponents are hitting just .124 against him this year (16-129).

Very deserving!

The game will be played in Durham, NC, on July 16.

#2 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 4,880 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:17 AM

Good for him. I think that could be a victory for the whole bullpen as the Rochester relievers have been very good. Thompson, Pressly and Tonkin also would have been deserving and while Guerra, Iberra and Hoffman haven't put up quite the same numbers, they have also been very good for most the year.

I would like to think May would have made it had he not been chosen for the futures game and Parmelee and Pino would have been considered but not for being on the MLB roster.

#3 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 7,956 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Congrats to him.

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :) Also, I am NOT trying to convince anyone I am correct, I'm just talking here, not arguing.