Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Article: Kernels Nuggets: Haar's Homers Help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,431 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 01:58 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...r-s-Homers-Help

#2 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 08:57 AM

After seeing Eades pitch yesterday, I came away impressed with his stuff. He definitely has quality pitches. His problem must be where he is locating his pitches.

#3 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 09:34 AM

Eades consistently at 91-92, but a 6 ERA is not good, although defensive lapses cost him a couple of runs last night

#4 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 655 posts

Posted 29 June 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'm not going be one of those guys who says, "hey, he's getting wins now so that's what's important," but I do believe he's improved significantly the last two home starts I've seen now. Not saying he's lights out, but he really struggled in April and May. What you want to see from a guy with his 2nd round pedigree when he's struggling is steady improvement. I think we're seeing some of that.

TKG, I was sitting next to the Clinton staff charting pitches last night and was watching their speed gun. It confirmed what we've always said about the mph that shows up on the CR scoreboard - it's consistently 1-2 mph lower than actual. So those 91-92s were actually 92-94s. He lost a bit of velo later in the game though, I think.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~