I'm beginning to believe that ChiTown is somehow behind this losing streak. Maybe she could help us out if she considered posting the lineups in a new font?
Ummm ... okay ...
Things to Think About:
1. Dallas/Arlington -- I don't know who turned the Dallas area into such an affluent area of the United States but there is a bunch of money in that town. Perhaps Debbie did it... Whatever you do in Dallas... I really don't know... But they have lots of money and they like to drink while wearing big hats and talking loudly. The population is a little over 1.2 million souls. The largest employer in Dallas is American Airlines with over 24,000 employees... After that... Nobody works in Dallas... They just own stuff and they don't pay state income tax in Texas. The Rangers play in Arlington... Arlington is just a city south of Dallas and Ft. Worth where they store stuff. Things like sport stadiums and Six Flag Theme Parks. The State of Texas does have a rather vicious strain of a lethal disease called capital punishment that they haven't found a cure for.
2. The Rangers -- A team in a death spiral right now... They have lost 8 games in a row and currently sit 13 games behind the AL West leading Oakland A's. Obviously effected by the injury bug... Kevin Kouzmanoff underwent back surgery and how any team can overcome this... I have no idea. I think there are a couple of other players who don't really matter on the DL as well. The Twins have lost 3 in a row and the Rangers have lost 8 in a row... No doubt about it... They always have to have things bigger in Texas. This is a chance for the Twins to get healthy. If they don't get healthy this weekend. The Rubberband is broke for sure.
3. Nick Tepesch -- Starting for the Rangers tonight... Something called Nick Tepesch. He's 25 years old from Kansas City. He was 28th round pick of the Red Sox in 2007... Decided to turn down a bonus of Burger King coups and attended the University of Missouri. The Rangers later drafted him in the 14th round in 2010... By this time he had enough of all that learning and he signed. It was quick journey through the farm system. He became one of those players who was handed a chance to pitch in the majors after every other option was hospitalized.
4. Jorge Polanco -- Ladies and Gentlemen... Meet Jorge Polanco... He's 20 years old and he hails from San Pedro de Macoris in the Dominican Republic which is known as the Shortstop capital of the world. Tony Fernandez, Jose Offerman and Cal Ripken all come from San Pedro de Macoris. Jorge is a young player that the Twins have high hopes for and he has made an early appearance in the majors because everybody else is hurt. It may not be his time right now but it's his time right now... yet we are all hoping his time does come... later.
5. Class Reunion -- This weekend is my 30 year class reunion... I'm looking forward to seeing some old faces. I've given it a lot of thought and I've decided that I'm going to tell everyone that I invented the Maroon colored Ink Pen. One day... I noticed the bright red pen and thought... Yeah... how about Maroon? and the rest is history... I'm that guy. I think they will believe me.
Edited by Riverbrian, 27 June 2014 - 03:46 PM.