Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

WOW, Polanco called up to Twins!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TRex

TRex

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:33 PM

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial][h=1]From Twinsbaseball.com

Twins recall infielder Jorge Polanco[/h][h=2]Option Yohan Pino to Triple-A Rochester[/h][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial]Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN - The Minnesota Twins announced today that they have recalled infielder Jorge Polanco. In 72 games with Single-A Ft. Myers, the 20-year-old hit .289 (83-for-287) with 12 doubles, five home runs and 35 RBI. Polanco, who was just named Florida State League Player of the Week, made 68 starts at shortstop and one at second base for the Miracle. He will wear number 11 and is expected to join the Twins today in Anaheim.
To make room for Polanco on the 25-man roster, the Twins have optioned right-handed pitcher Yohan Pino to Triple-A Rochester. Pino made two starts for the Twins posting a 6.30 ERA (10.0 IP, 7 ER).
[/FONT][/COLOR]

#2 TRex

TRex

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

Sorry, didn't see JB Iowa's post on the main forum (please delete).

#3 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,724 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

Figuring out what forum to post on ..... priceless. :)

#4 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,724 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:51 PM

Don't want that to seem flippant. We've just had a lot of back and forths lately on what should be posted in the major league vs. the minor league forums.

#5 Halsey Hall

Halsey Hall

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:58 PM

I'm surprised! What a thrill for Jorge, and now speculation as to when Buxton would of been called up. I hope he shows himself and has success.

#6 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

not moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:59 PM

My rule is ... if it concerns, directly, the major league team and roster, on the majors. If not, minors. Unless it's more just general baseball, then the More Baseball forum. And yes, it does get confusing and head scratching, especially for those of us who are responsible for moving and merging topics around. And we each have our own rules and ideas about it. :) That said ... I'll post a link here just in case.

More discussion here.

Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 26 June 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#7 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,724 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:57 PM

My rule is ... if it concerns, directly, the major league team and roster, on the majors. If not, minors. Unless it's more just general baseball, then the More Baseball forum. And yes, it does get confusing and head scratching, especially for those of us who are responsible for moving and merging topics around. And we each have our own rules and ideas about it. :) That said ... I'll post a link here just in case.

More discussion here on the call up.

Well, my personal guideline is the player's status at the time I post. :)

I don't envy the work the mods do -- you guys are priceless.

#8 TRex

TRex

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

And I just read the minor league forum a lot more often than the heavily contested major league forum:p!

#9 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

not moderate

• Twins Mods
  • 5,675 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

Well, my personal guideline is the player's status at the time I post. :)

I don't envy the work the mods do -- you guys are priceless.

Well, I think that would follow my 'rule' then. As it directly concerns the ML team, then the majors forum. Polanco's status, at least for this weekend is on the ML team, so, ML forum. You made the right call ... well, you made the same call I would, anyway.

#10 ScottyB

ScottyB

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 26 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

Well, I think that would follow my 'rule' then. As it directly concerns the ML team, then the majors forum. Polanco's status, at least for this weekend is on the ML team, so, ML forum. You made the right call ... well, you made the same call I would, anyway.

Then maybe time to either lock or merge this thread?