Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Any News About Santana's Knee

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#31 gil4

gil4

Not Irrationally Optimistic Anymore (til next year)

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Has anyone's value done a downturn faster than Florimon in recent history?

I don't think I have seen anyone whose value was that low to begin with sink as far and as fast has Florimon. That said, the middle of spring training was a very bad time to need to have his appendix out and it really threw his whole season off.

I was for giving Escobar a shot as the starter before Florimon tanked, but I still think Florimon could regain most of his limited value if he would reinvent himself as a utility guy like John MacDonald. I think I read that he has had some reluctance to do that, but he really isn't in a position to negotiate if he wants to continue to be paid for playing baseball. (I can't remember if it was reluctance or difficulty handling the other positions that caused the problems.)

#32 gil4

gil4

Not Irrationally Optimistic Anymore (til next year)

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

Dr Gil (definitely not a doctor) guesses torn meniscus, young enough for a repair, out 6-8 weeks (longer than the 4-6 for a chop & go, but better in the long run).

I guess that is why doctors go to med school and actually examine patients rather than just speculate based on video clips. I'm glad I was wrong and I hope he's back in the lineup soon.