- This Week in the NFC North - Week 16
Today, 05:17 PM
- Time to cut Blair Walsh
Today, 02:40 PM
- NFLPA files lawsuit against the NFL on behalf of Peterson
Today, 12:30 PM
- Article: What to do With Matt Kalil
Today, 09:59 AM
- Im glad I finally registered
Yesterday, 06:38 PM
- Hoge is really down on Johnny Football--really down
Yesterday, 08:45 AM
- Article: Missed Opportunities Catch Up With Vikings in Detroit
Dec 15 2014 09:53 AM
- Article: Vikings vs. Lions Game Thread
Dec 15 2014 07:56 AM
- Article: Lions Pick and Kick Their Way to a Win Over the Vikings
Dec 14 2014 09:23 PM
- Juan Castro > Blair Walsh
Dec 14 2014 06:04 PM
Article: Twins Minor League Leader Board (Pitchers)
Posted 26 June 2014 - 08:52 AM
Posted 26 June 2014 - 12:36 PM
I was just glancing through his Adopt-a-Prospect writeup since I'm not familiar with him, but Brandon Peterson is having quite a season. He seems like another one of our now numerous hard-throwing closer types. How does he rate compared to some of the better-known guys like a Tonkin or Zach Jones as far as future potential?
I'm really not informed on how to project prospects, but since Peterson is my AaP, I thought I'd give my two cents.
A couple weeks back, I wondered how he compares to other recent relief prospects, and in researching the stats, there are a lot of similarities to Tonkin. They're different builds in that Tonkin has a few inches of height on him, but their peripheral stats have some similarities at similar levels/ages. Tonkin joined the Twins organization out of HS, and Peterson out of college, but they both split time at A/A+ during their age 22 season.
Both players seem to have (IMO) high BABIP in their age 22 season (.321 for Tonkin, .333 for Peterson), but Peterson has benefited from putting up a goose egg in the HR column.
I also haven't seen any of his games, so I don't know if there's anything else to his arsenal besides a low to mid-90s FB and a nice slider.
Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:35 PM
This is best Twins minor league pitching prospects have looked in years--IMHO.