Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Mitch Garver to DL

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:24 PM

Because, you know, the Kernels have just had way too much good luck this season, Mitch Garver has been placed on the 7 day DL with concussion symptoms.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#2 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,286 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:30 PM

Oh crap. Hope the kid is ok.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98

#3 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,029 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 07:43 PM

Because, you know, the Kernels have just had way too much good luck this season, Mitch Garver has been placed on the 7 day DL with concussion symptoms.

Was the injury an obvious one, or more of a cumulative effect nature? I'd hate to see this kid have his career derailed just as he seems to be breaking out so nicely.

#4 70charger

70charger

• Members
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:31 PM

Oh, come on!

#5 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

• Members
  • 669 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:48 PM

Was the injury an obvious one, or more of a cumulative effect nature? I'd hate to see this kid have his career derailed just as he seems to be breaking out so nicely.

Not sure and haven't heard. They haven't played at home since before the AS Break. He left Tuesday night's game with 1 out in the bottom of the 8th, so I'm assuming it was a single injury event.

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#6 DocBauer

DocBauer

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Man, I won't cuss, but can I just say this sucks?

For the Kernals, it's been a little like the old Hee-Haw song: " If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all."

Thought Rochester was poised for an excellent season. Same with Ft Myers. Wondered about New Britain, mainly the SP, and that was before the Buxton injury but they've done great. Thought CR might have some offensive questions but the pitching would carry them. This is definitely a big blow. Let's all hope this is a minor setback for the young man. He's been a great story.

Surely they've hit their limit of bad luck by now! Thankfully there is a second half to the season.