Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Game Thread: Twins @ Angels, 6/24 @ 9:05pm CT

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 6,578 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Game-time forecast: Mostly sunny. Winds blowing out to right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature near 70. (No worries about rain delays with this series as it never rains in Southern California! ... starting Brian off right ... )

Twins:
SP, Gibson

Santana SS
Dozier 2B
Mauer 1B
Willingham LF
Morales DH
Suzuki C
Parmelee RF
Escobar 3B
Fuld CF

Angels:
SP, Wilson

Calhoun RF
Trout CF
Pujols 1B
Hamilton LF
Aybar SS
Kendrick 2B
Cron DH
Freese 3B
Conger C

------------------------------------------
Brian ... your turn ... think, man, T H I N K! (the queen has spoken)

------------------------------------------

And to you I curtsy... I'll admit a curtsy doesn't feel all that manly.

Things to Think About:

1. Anaheim -- Anaheim... Umm... Los Angeles... I find the whole situation awfully confusing. The Angels are clearly located in Anaheim yet greedily... They want to be known as the Los Angeles Angels. In the hope that they fool actual residents of L.A. that they have another team to cheer for. Anaheim is southwest of Los Angeles... L.A. has grown to the point that it has swallowed up Anaheim. It has no choice but to grow that direction because mountains block it to the north and a rather large ocean blocks it to the west. 10 years from now... The gap between San Clemente and Oceanside will be filled in and the Padres will be calling themselves the Los Angeles Padres. Pretty Soon Palm Springs and the Salton Sea will all be part of the Los Angeles Metro. Anaheim was built as a place to put theme parks. Anaheim in Spanish means "Wait in Line... just like you are at the DMV". People who tire of the ocean breezes and constant comfortable temps of L.A. have flocked toward the desert like heat of Anaheim and stayed because it's easier to find a parking space. It's the largest city in Orange County... Which the Locals just call the OC... Because "Orange" and "County" simply takes too much time to say.

2. The Angels -- I'm never sure what to think of the Angels... They like to make big splashy free agent signings only to watch them underperform. Pujols has not been the same since signing with them. Hamilton can't stay healthy for more than 3 games in a row. Currently they are sitting in 2nd place... 5 games behind the Oakland A's... with the Mariners right on their tail. The Combination of Trout, Pujols and Hamilton batting 2 3 and 4 will make any pitcher sit up straight and pay attention... but will the rest of the team scare anyone? Umm... Not really. The starting pitching has a couple of big name arms in Weaver and Wilson and Garrett Richards seems to have arrived. It was decreed that the rest of the starting pitching staff has last names that start with "S". The Bullpen is mess!!!

3. C.J. Wilson -- 33 Years old and a local boy from Fountain Valley California in the OC. He played ball for Loyala Marymount and was drafted by the Rangers in the 5th round of the 2001 draft. When he joined the Rangers... he was a bullpen arm. He converted to starting in 2010 and had such a good year that he signed with the Angels as a Free Agent for 5 Years and 75 Million in December 2011. He is a Taoist which means that he isn't any fun to party with. He races cars and he owns a few car dealerships in Illinois and California. He throws a variety of fastballs and mixes in a few breaking pitches. When he's going good... He can come at you pretty confidently.

4. Kyle Gibson -- The Streak... It's all about the streak... 22 straight scoreless innings... 31 out of his last 33 innings scoreless. I'd love to see him stretch this thing out. MLB Network might even mention it eventually.

5. Infinite Monkey Theorem -- If you put an infinite number of monkeys in a room with an infinite number of typewriters with an infinite amount of time... eventually one of the monkeys will produce Shakespeare. I set out to test this theorem but... sadly due to budget issues... I could only afford two monkeys and two typewriters for a total of two days. My staff and I ran the test anyway and here are the results. One Monkey didn't touch a typewriter at all. The other Monkey smashed the hell out of one typewriter and on the other typewriter... on a clean piece of paper he typed "K" 13 times.

Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 24 June 2014 - 06:30 PM.

#2 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

That's a pretty good lineup they run out there

#3 longtimefan

longtimefan

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:01 PM

Gibson can hold them, but we need to score some runs, Dozier & hammer are both over due!!

#4 pierre75275

pierre75275

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:12 PM

Any news on a roster move?

#5 stringer bell

stringer bell

Front office apologist

• Twins News Team
  • 4,620 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:24 PM

Twins lineup:

Santana ss
Dozier 2b
Mauer 1b
Willingham lf
Morales dh
Suzuki c
Parmelee rf
Escobar 3b
Fuld cf

Gibson p

#6 CRArko

CRArko

Agent of SHIELD

• Members
  • 1,785 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 24 June 2014 - 05:54 PM

I know taoist's who are a great deal of fun to party with.

And you have a large source of typing monkeys available on the web at any given moment. Finite, but unbounded.
Take your time, and do it right. - N. Fury

#7 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,512 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:09 PM

Speaking of monkeys, that fleabag rally monkey is beyond annoying. It would be smart to build and keep a lead of at least 5 runs so that such feces throwing pest does not appear on the jumbo tron.

#8 longstrangetrip

longstrangetrip

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:10 PM

Clearly the typing monkey was sending a message that Gibson strikes out 13 tonight. I wasn't feeling too confident about tonight until now!

In other news, I could have walked down the 5 from LA faster than I drove it today.

#9 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Clearly the typing monkey was sending a message that Gibson strikes out 13 tonight. I wasn't feeling too confident about tonight until now!

In other news, I could have walked down the 5 from LA faster than I drove it today.

On Thursday I will show you my secret back route that usually avoids most of the traffic.

#10 longstrangetrip

longstrangetrip

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

On Thursday I will show you my secret back route that usually avoids most of the traffic.

THAT will be some valuable information!

Okay, off to the game...I'll try to bring home a winner tonight. But I'm not responsible if Gibson spent his off day golfing again.

#11 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

Okay, off to the game...I'll try to bring home a winner tonight. But I'm not responsible if Gibson spent his off day golfing again.

We are trusting your good karma to win this one.

#12 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,930 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:59 PM

How valuable? I'm willing to pay cash money for my visit to Southern Cali next month...:banghead:

#13 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Whatchamacallit is the Best Candy Bar

• Members
  • 1,957 posts
  • LocationKerguelen Island

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:04 PM

Almost 12 years and the Rally Monkey still is lingering.

Screw the Rally Monkey - the Twins need their own Rally Animal.

May I present to you... the Rally Rhinoceros
Rally Rhino.jpg

I would have preferred the Comeback Bunny, but that might not have had enough testosterone behind it for some to deem acceptable.
TC Bunny.jpg

Oh, how cute.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#14 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

How valuable? I'm willing to pay cash money for my visit to Southern Cali next month...:banghead:

Will you be anywhere near Beverly Hills? I would like to infract you in person.

#15 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

May I present to you... the Rally Rhinoceros
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7930[/ATTACH]

I would have preferred the Comeback Bunny, but that might not have had enough testosterone behind it for some to deem acceptable.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7931[/ATTACH]
Oh, how cute.

I like the rhino. The bunny not so much.

#16 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

Grain Belt: "The Friendly Beer"

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:14 PM

Have Glunn, will travel.

#17 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:17 PM

I like the rhino. The bunny not so much.

How can you not like the Bunny? He can catch a baseball.

I took this photo after I almost ran the Lil' thing over with my lawn mower on Saturday. We then proceeded to have a game of catch.

There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

#18 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:18 PM

Too lazy to look it up. Is this K. Morales's first visit to Anaheim since the Unfortunate Home Run that Cannot be Named?

Also, saw "Thunderdome" again. Now everytime I see Kendrys at the plate, I hear a voice: "Two men enter. One man leaves." Don't know what to make of it.

#19 CRArko

CRArko

Agent of SHIELD

• Members
  • 1,785 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:21 PM

And for tonight's science viewing pleasure. Caution: there may be California math involved.

http://science.kqed....cs-of-baseball/
Take your time, and do it right. - N. Fury

#20 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

That thing looks like a tasty meal to me, and I'm not even a predator by nature (except on the occasional discussion thread)

#21 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:25 PM

And by the by, on this date in 2001, a certain Denny Hocking went 3-for-4, including two doubles, scored three runs and knocked in one, as the Good Guys defeated the team from Detroit, 14-5. Well played Mr. Hocking!

This Denny Hocking memory is brought to you by Grain Belt Beer. Grain Belt... not a sissy-boy beer!

#22 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,930 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:27 PM

Will you be anywhere near Beverly Hills? I would like to infract you in person.

Thank you sir....may I have another...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdFLPn30dvQ

Edited by jokin, 24 June 2014 - 07:32 PM.

#23 Danchat

Danchat

• Members
  • 543 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

I'm all for Rally Rhinoceros. Where can I get a t-shirt?

#24 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:29 PM

That thing looks like a tasty meal to me, and I'm not even a predator by nature (except on the occasional discussion thread)

Is that a Jeffrey Dahmer quote?:)

#25 Sconnie

Sconnie

King of his Castle

• Members
  • 1,455 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:39 PM

I reached for the remote to check the score... Playing in Anaheim! duh Sconnie! Then I checked the scores, Mets and As are already done before first pitch in LA. 10-1 Mets?

#26 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

• Members
  • 398 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

Too lazy to look it up. Is this K. Morales's first visit to Anaheim since the Unfortunate Home Run that Cannot be Named?

Also, saw "Thunderdome" again. Now everytime I see Kendrys at the plate, I hear a voice: "Two men enter. One man leaves." Don't know what to make of it.

Looked it up. Thought his injury occurred in 2012. Was 2011. I'll go sit in the corner with my Grain Belt.

#27 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

Is that a Jeffrey Dahmer quote?:)

I don't know. What position did Dahmer play? Wait, let me look it up. Wait, better not...

#28 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester

• Members
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:44 PM

Looked it up. Thought his injury occurred in 2012. Was 2011. I'll go sit in the corner with my Grain Belt.

sir, a Grain Belt in your hand is no punishment.

#29 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,930 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:45 PM

sir, a Grain Belt in your hand is no punishment.

Would the Kevin Bacon treatment suffice? (see post # 22 above :th_alc:)

#30 amjgt

amjgt

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

Oh, how cute.

hold on a second... Is that a bunny?