Brian ... your turn ... think, man, T H I N K! (the queen has spoken)
And to you I curtsy... I'll admit a curtsy doesn't feel all that manly.
Things to Think About:
1. Anaheim -- Anaheim... Umm... Los Angeles... I find the whole situation awfully confusing. The Angels are clearly located in Anaheim yet greedily... They want to be known as the Los Angeles Angels. In the hope that they fool actual residents of L.A. that they have another team to cheer for. Anaheim is southwest of Los Angeles... L.A. has grown to the point that it has swallowed up Anaheim. It has no choice but to grow that direction because mountains block it to the north and a rather large ocean blocks it to the west. 10 years from now... The gap between San Clemente and Oceanside will be filled in and the Padres will be calling themselves the Los Angeles Padres. Pretty Soon Palm Springs and the Salton Sea will all be part of the Los Angeles Metro. Anaheim was built as a place to put theme parks. Anaheim in Spanish means "Wait in Line... just like you are at the DMV". People who tire of the ocean breezes and constant comfortable temps of L.A. have flocked toward the desert like heat of Anaheim and stayed because it's easier to find a parking space. It's the largest city in Orange County... Which the Locals just call the OC... Because "Orange" and "County" simply takes too much time to say.
2. The Angels -- I'm never sure what to think of the Angels... They like to make big splashy free agent signings only to watch them underperform. Pujols has not been the same since signing with them. Hamilton can't stay healthy for more than 3 games in a row. Currently they are sitting in 2nd place... 5 games behind the Oakland A's... with the Mariners right on their tail. The Combination of Trout, Pujols and Hamilton batting 2 3 and 4 will make any pitcher sit up straight and pay attention... but will the rest of the team scare anyone? Umm... Not really. The starting pitching has a couple of big name arms in Weaver and Wilson and Garrett Richards seems to have arrived. It was decreed that the rest of the starting pitching staff has last names that start with "S". The Bullpen is mess!!!
3. C.J. Wilson -- 33 Years old and a local boy from Fountain Valley California in the OC. He played ball for Loyala Marymount and was drafted by the Rangers in the 5th round of the 2001 draft. When he joined the Rangers... he was a bullpen arm. He converted to starting in 2010 and had such a good year that he signed with the Angels as a Free Agent for 5 Years and 75 Million in December 2011. He is a Taoist which means that he isn't any fun to party with. He races cars and he owns a few car dealerships in Illinois and California. He throws a variety of fastballs and mixes in a few breaking pitches. When he's going good... He can come at you pretty confidently.
4. Kyle Gibson -- The Streak... It's all about the streak... 22 straight scoreless innings... 31 out of his last 33 innings scoreless. I'd love to see him stretch this thing out. MLB Network might even mention it eventually.
5. Infinite Monkey Theorem -- If you put an infinite number of monkeys in a room with an infinite number of typewriters with an infinite amount of time... eventually one of the monkeys will produce Shakespeare. I set out to test this theorem but... sadly due to budget issues... I could only afford two monkeys and two typewriters for a total of two days. My staff and I ran the test anyway and here are the results. One Monkey didn't touch a typewriter at all. The other Monkey smashed the hell out of one typewriter and on the other typewriter... on a clean piece of paper he typed "K" 13 times.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 24 June 2014 - 06:30 PM.