Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

The Store

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/20): Bats Power Rock Cats Win

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,290 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:52 PM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...r-Rock-Cats-Win

#2 SurroundedByTigers

SurroundedByTigers

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 06:37 AM

What's the upside potential for Dereck Rodriguez after converting from outfielder to pitcher? Kid is 22 now. Looks like he did a great job for E-Twon with 3 scoreless innings.

#3 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 294 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 07:48 AM

The May express back on the hill, lining up with Correia now

#4 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:06 AM

The May express back on the hill, lining up with Correia now

Hmm, this is interesting, I think that Correia has earned at least another 2 starts, however if he tanks them or possibly even one of them, May gets his long awaited debut.

#5 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:09 AM

If Rosario continues to hit, does he get an earlier call up than September?

#6 stringer bell

stringer bell

No Speed, Warning Track Power

• Twins News Team
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

Look at those Rock Cats! They are fifth overall in the EL and four teams make the playoffs. After a miserable start, the club could make the postseason, especially if they get a young center fielder from Georgia in the lineup in the few weeks.

#7 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:02 AM

Look at those Rock Cats! They are fifth overall in the EL and four teams make the playoffs. After a miserable start, the club could make the postseason, especially if they get a young center fielder from Georgia in the lineup in the few weeks.

They've won 11 of 12 since Eddie Rosario entered the starting lineup. Geezzz...that team would have made a shambles of the Eastern League with Rosario, Vargas, Sano and Buxton all in it on a full-time basis. And more help now there in Wheeler and Wickens...and maybe even Berrios soon, too.

#8 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 231 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:11 AM

They've won 11 of 12 since Eddie Rosario entered the starting lineup. Geezzz...that team would have made a shambles of the Eastern League with Rosario, Vargas, Sano and Buxton all in it on a full-time basis. And more help now there in Wheeler and Wickens...and maybe even Berrios soon, too.

Agree! Has anyone heard anything about when Buxton might get back on the field?

#9 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:21 AM

Agree! Has anyone heard anything about when Buxton might get back on the field?

Not good news, from last Monday:

[FONT=Arial].[/FONT][FONT=Arial]Buxton is not yet allowed to wear a fielding glove, much less batting gloves.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]“I really can’t pick up anything heavier than my phone, or a video game controller,” he said. “I definitely can’t lift weights or swing a bat.”

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]“It’s just a waiting game,” Steil said[/FONT]

The plan is to wait until he has zero wrist pain, then play him in some Extended Spring games, followed by some Miracle games, before he has a chance to go to AA.

http://www.startribu.../263165691.html

#10 stringer bell

stringer bell

No Speed, Warning Track Power

• Twins News Team
  • 3,669 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:44 AM

I believe that report is over a week old. The same day the article was in the strib, Doogy tweeted that Buxton had taken two straight days of swings with no problems IIRC.

#11 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

I believe that report is over a week old. The same day the article was in the strib, Doogy tweeted that Buxton had taken two straight days of swings with no problems IIRC.

Article by: JIM SOUHAN , Star Tribune
[FONT=Arial][/FONT]Updated: June 16, 2014 - 7:11 AM

#12 twinsfan34

twinsfan34

Paul DeVos

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

Posted Image Darren WolfsonVerified account ‏@DarrenWolfson

Buxton wrist update: progress as he's been able to hit off a tee two days in a row. BP coming soon. Shouldn't be a lost year. #mntwins

1:00 PM - 15 Jun 2014

https://twitter.com/...35549191241728/

So would seem since June 13th he's been able to hit off a tee. No consequent updates of course.

#13 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:05 PM

[quote name='twinsfan34'] Posted Image Darren WolfsonVerified account‏@DarrenWolfson

Buxton wrist update: progress as he's been able to hit off a tee two days in a row. BP coming soon. Shouldn't be a lost year. #mntwins

So would seem since June 13th he's been able to hit off a tee. No consequent updates of course.[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if Wolfson would cite a source, but below is his tweet and Souhan's tweet from the same day (who knows how long his Part 2 report was in the can?), and I can find no updates from Doogie or Souhan since- Who to believe.....? I would think that if Buxton was taking live BP, it would be difficult to keep that a secret:

[QUOTE][FONT=Gotham Narrow SSm]Posted ImageDarren Wolfson @DarrenWolfson · Jun 15
[/FONT]

Buxton wrist update: progress as he's been able to hit off a tee two days in a row. BP coming soon. Shouldn't be a lost year. [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE][FONT=Gotham Narrow SSm]Posted ImageJim Souhan @SouhanStrib · Jun 15
[/FONT]

Part 2 of our Buxton project, Building a Baseball Star: http://tinyurl.com/qgs6f7g . [/QUOTE]

#14 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:08 PM

Posted Image Darren WolfsonVerified account ‏@DarrenWolfson

So would seem since June 13th he's been able to hit off a tee. No consequent updates of course.

BTW, is there anyone else, besides Doogie himself, that is too concerned if his account is a "verified account" or not?

#15 brookswagg

brookswagg

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

damnit. i suck at embedding tweets but the Pioneer Press Twins guy posted this about a minute ago:

[FONT=Helvetica Neue]@MikeBerardino [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Still no updates on Byron Buxton, according to Jack Goin. Just doing conditioning, waiting for left wrist to heal after May 8 setback.[/FONT]

Edited by brookswagg, 21 June 2014 - 12:33 PM.

#16 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 6,801 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:35 PM

damnit. i suck at embedding tweets but the Pioneer Press Twins guy posted this about a minute ago:

[FONT=Helvetica Neue]@MikeBerardino [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica Neue]Still no updates on Byron Buxton, according to Jack Goin. Just doing conditioning, waiting for left wrist to heal after May 8 setback.[/FONT]

Thanks for that, brooks!

Well....at least now we know that Doogie isn't using Jack Goin for his source material.

#17 maxisagod

maxisagod

• Members
  • 312 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:38 PM

If Rosario continues to hit, does he get an earlier call up than September?

If their CF is still a mess and they're in a hunt for a playoff spot, I can't see why not. You'd have to put him on the 40 man this winter anyway, and also long as you don't send him back down, he still keeps all his options.

Plus: no recreational drug testing in the majors. ;-)