Chi: Well, Bri, considering the forecast, I think we'll start on time ... unless there is another deterrent other than the weather. So, here we go ...
Game-time forecast: Sunny. Winds blowing in from right field at 5-10 m.p.h. Temperature around 80.
De Aza LF
Things to Think About:
1. New Toys -- New Toys are always fun and Yohan Pino was a new toy last night and he did not disappoint. Hyper Twins Fan such as ourselves have been watching the same guys day in and day out and it great to get to know them... But... everyone once in awhile... A fresh athlete can capture the interest of us all and revitalize. Pino certainly did that last night.
2. Old Toys -- While New Toys are great... It's the Old Toys who must get the job done. If the Twins are going to take off and get it going. Joe Mauer must get it going and lead the way. We've been concerned about Joe but I think we all know he's capable of going nuts... It's time to go Planters Joe.
3. Hector Noesi -- He's 27 years old from Esperanza in the Dominican Republic. He was signed by the Yankees and after a touch of Tommy John Surgery he made his way slowly up the Yankees farm system with very little attention paid to him. The Mariners thought they saw something when the acquired him from the Yankees in the Montero/Pineda Deal. Whatever they saw in him... It's quite possible that it was foggy morning to be looking at people. Noesi pitched to the tune of 5.77 with the Mariners in 2012 and they sent him down to Tacoma. Sending someone down to Tacoma from Seattle is geographically correct if South is considered down. The Twins really can't send someone down to Rochester... They have to send them sideways or across to Rochester. Noesi was DFA'd by the Mariners to start the season and the Rangers took a two week interest in Hector and then DFA'd him two weeks later. This is where the White Sox come in... They picked him up and stopped his Sam Fuld like bouncing around. His ERA sits at 5.37 for 2014... So he still is isn't impressing anyone. If the Twins don't light up the Noesi tonight... You know the slump is all Twins and not an amazing bad luck of run of hot pitchers.
4. Oswaldo Arcia -- Speaking of slumps... Arcia is in a grand canyon sized slump. It earned him a two day break from the lineup and tonight he's back... batting 7th. He doesn't have to get a hit... He just has to hit the ball hard and if he does... we will know that he has improved and in the process of waking up. If he is still swinging and missing... You might as well put Parmelee back in for the Saturday game.
5. Doing the Dishes -- I don't like doing the dishes... No one really does... But here's the deal... It's only fair that I do the dishes when my wife cooks... Because I make my wife do the dishes when I take her out to a restaurant.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 20 June 2014 - 03:28 PM.