De Aza LF
Okay, Brian ... thoughts on you ... hopefully unrained on ...
"Only Love Can Bring the Rain... That falls like tears from on high"
Umm... Must be lotsa love being sent toward the cities from JB. Since the Rain is coming from her area. Enough of the Love JB.
Things to think about:
1. Yohan Pino -- 30 Years old from Venezuela and ain't Mother Nature Cruel. He has been in the minors since 2005... Wishin' and Hopin' for that Major League opp... And here it is and Mother Nature is going to make him sit in the locker room wondering if he will actually get that first start in the majors tonight. Seriously!!! Hands to the sky... Why!!! Yes... I'm channeling Pino right now and imagining the thoughts going through his mind. Just cause I can't understand his thoughts (which are in a different language) doesn't mean I can't understand thoughts.
2. Credit Due -- The offense is just sucking right now and it would be easy to focus on it but I'm not going to focus on it... I'm gonna focus on Kyle Gibson today. Kyle Gibson is on a roll. 22 straight scoreless innings... 4 out of his last 5 starts were scoreless... 31 out of his last 33 innings with a zero hung. I'm sure someone can tell me when a Twins pitcher last performed like this. Someone will have to tell me because I can't remember it... It's been so long... Scott Erickson maybe.
3. Jose Quintana -- Jose is 25 years old and he hails from Northern Columbia in the department of Bolivar. He's from the same home town (Arjona) as Ernesto Frieri. He was discovered by DEA agents and signed by the Mets... after a complete strip search he became a professional pitcher. He was suspended for 2007 because of a violation of baseball's drug policy and he became a minor league free agent in 2011 after the Mets forgot he was part of the roster. The White Sox signed him in 2012 and put him in AA. He skipped AAA altogether because the White Sox pitching staff sucked and they had no one else to turn to when John Danks got hurt. Jose Quintana got a surprise opportunity and he made the most of it and he stuck in the rotation and it looks like he might stick awhile longer because they quickly signed him to a 5 year deal. Fastball... Curve... Change. None of them are terrible and none of them are amazing. He's gonna need to work ahead.
4. The White Sox -- They started out pretty strong which was the surprise of many and have cooled a little as the months went by. They are acting like the Twins have this year just hanging around .500... Perhaps they have their own rubber band. They do have an interesting offense of players who can go yard at any time. Jose Abreu is acting like the top power hitter in the game... Adam Dunn is all or nothing... Viciedo can hit some bombs... Even Beckham, De Aza, Flowers can reach the seats if you groove one. I just don't like them defensively but you can see they are trying to improve that with the acquisition of players like Eaton. I hope they all get hurt in a weird washing machine accident. I don't like the White Sox.
5. Judging others -- The old saying... "Don't judge a man until you've walked a mile in their shoes"... It's something I try to live my life by. After you walk a mile in his shoes... Who Cares... You're a mile away and you've got a brand new pair of shoes.
Edited by Riverbrian, 19 June 2014 - 03:14 PM.