Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

BA: Top 10 Injured Position Prospects

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 iTwins

iTwins

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNorth of Missouri, South of Minnesota
  • Twitter: Trimbletj

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Baseball America has an interesting post today featuring the top 10 position players who have missed significant time this season due to injury. Unfortunately, the Twins are featured heavily on the list with Byron Buxton, Miguel Sano and Eddie Rosario all making appearances.

When listed off like that, it becomes blatantly clear just how unlucky the Twins have been this year when it comes to injuries to their farm system.

The silver lining is the Twins have enough quality minor league talent to get three names on the list...I guess?

The full article can be found here: http://www.baseballa...-half-injuries/

#2 SD Buhr

SD Buhr

Majoring in minors, minoring in Majors

• Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

If Rosario is included, I guess BA is lumping in suspension time as "due to injury."?

Covering the Cedar Rapids Kernels for MetroSportsReport.com while my alter-ego, Jim Crikket, opines about the Twins and Kernels at Knuckleballsblog.com.

~You can get anything you want at Alice's Restaurant~

#3 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:42 PM

I wonder which pitchers make the list. I am glad that there are no twins on that list.

#4 iTwins

iTwins

• Members
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNorth of Missouri, South of Minnesota
  • Twitter: Trimbletj

Posted 19 June 2014 - 02:59 PM

If Rosario is included, I guess BA is lumping in suspension time as "due to injury."?

They admit that Rosario making the list is a bit of a cheat because he wasn't "injured". I thought it was interesting he made the list, since his time off was self inflicted.