Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

The Line Drive Home Run

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 righty8383

righty8383

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:32 AM

Really long home runs are great, but I also love the ones that seem to barely get off the ground. There's something awesome about a ball hit so hard that, despite its lack of trajectory, is able to carry over the outfield wall. ESPN's Home Run Tracker has been measuring HR's since 2006. Not just distance, but other things one of them being Apex.
Oakland's Josh Donaldson has the lowest HR so far this year. This shot peaked at 43 feet off the ground.
Probably the most impressive this year came off the bat of Giancarlo Stanton. This laser, hit a couple days ago, peaked 6 feet higher than Donaldson's, but the kicker is that it was down the line of the opposite field. That's just incredible if you ask me.
The lowest HR I've seen so far since the site started belongs to Carlos Peguero. In 2011, he had 2 HR's that peaked at 39 feet off the ground. This shot came off the Twin's Scott Baker. A little over a month later he hit one just like it. Anyone else have any impressive HR videos to share here, I'd love to see it.

#2 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,043 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

I remember Cuddyer hitting a 2 iron against the Royals. The shortstop jumped for the ball as it went over his head and it cleared the left-center fence.

#3 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,676 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

One of my more fond ones was hit by Mark McGuire against Cleveland back in the day. That liner was still going up when it hit the seats quite a few rows back.