What interesting thoughts, observations, musings have you for us today, RB? Inquiring minds want to know!
Thoughts I have 5... Observations... again 5.
Musings... I'll have to look up the definition before I answer that but I am listening to "Supermassive Black Hole" right now.
Things to think about:
1. The Rochester Shuffle -- Through Twins Daily... THEE Source for Minnesota Twins information. I have learned that Sean Gilmartin has been advanced from AA New Britain to AAA Rochester and will start for the Red Wings tonight and this move will push everybody back one day in the Red Wings rotation. Gilmartin had a 3.13 ERA with the Rock Cats and the reason this has become a thought today is because of the math problem that I have. I haven't seen any of these folks pitch yet but the Starting pitcher ERA's in Rochester are sparkling and there are 5 of them. There is May, Meyer, Johnson Darnell and Pino. All 5 are performing well and certainly will not be sent down to AA to make room for Gilmartin so that means that... umm... ???. Purely a guess but it seems like the Twins are prepping for a move to the big club for someone.
2. First Names -- Yesterday we faced Rubby De La Rosa and it didn't go so well. Today we face Jon Lester. So we've gone from a guy with no obvious first name to a guy with two of them. I'm thinking they should trade a name for balance. Rubby can be traded for Jon or Lester and you'd have Jon Rubby or Rubby Lester along with Jon or Lester De La Rosa. Personally I like Rubby Lester the best.
3. Josmil Pinto -- I almost forgot about him... He hasn't been around for a little while. While looking for info on the Rochester Red Wings rotation I came across an article in the Rochester Democrat. In the article... It quotes Glen Perkins as saying that Josmil is "surely not at the big-league level as far as catching for me". So there ya go... The Mystery has been solved. Maybe a Pino for Pinto trade was the plan all along.
4. Jon Lester -- Rubby Lester takes the mound for the Red Sox tonight... He's 30 years old and from Tacoma Washington. He was 2nd round pick of the Red Sox in 2002. He moved through the minor leagues and was always considered a top prospect. He made his debut in 2006 and today is considered the top pitcher in Beantown. He's a tall lefthander who mixes 5 pitches from the left side of the rubber and this makes him difficult to pick up because he doesn't come straight over the top. In the times I've seen him pitch I've never been totally impressed. I think he can get wild at times and that will make him ripe for the picking. I wouldn't never say this to his face because he's tall and left handed and I wouldn't see the punch coming.
5. Father's Day Gift -- I forgot to mention yesterday that my family surprised me with a nice father's day gift. They got me a Kuerig and what a practical neat gift it was. She is 57 years old now but she still has a certain cuteness to her and she tells me all about the news of the day when I wake up and get home from work. I'm nervous with Katie and my wife in the same household... I figure someday they are just going band together and turn on me and life is going to change. So far it's been great but I did find out that Katie will not make me a cup of coffee. Since she won't... I'll have to get one of those new things that make single cups of coffee in a bunch of different flavors.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 17 June 2014 - 03:43 PM.