SP, De La Rosa
Okay, Brian ... I'm back home. And am prodding your thinking, so go to it!
Trips are fun but it's always good to be back home unless it's someplace like Illinois.
Things to think about:
1. Boston -- Bwoast'n is a city along the Atlantic Coast of Massachusetts. It's like the worst city to be driving in a Cah. The roads are wicked narrah and people are all over the place. The driving rules are a little different. In Bwoast'n... never stop for a pedestrian unless he flings himself underneath your cah... You should always look both ways when running a red light... If you make eye contact with the other driver... you no longer have the right of way and study the hand gesture handbook provided by the Bwoast'n department of transportation. The population is around 636,000 people of that... approximately 400,000 are college students attending one of the 10 million colleges and universities in the city. Of the remaining 236,000 people of Boston... 100,000 are relatives of the Kennedy clan. They ski in to trees... the drive off bridges... they fly into oceans and that helps explain the driving that tourists encounter in the city. Like most major cities... The city of Bwoast'n consists of many neighborhoods... However... it doesn't matter because no one can understand how each neighborhood is pronounced so it's almost like they don't exist.
2. Fenway Pahk -- Without a doubt... It's iconic. It's been standing there since I was a child and since I was a child I've been mesmerized by the Green Monster. It was the most unique feature in all of baseball and watching televised games from Fenway were can't miss events because of the Green Monster. Now that I'm adult... I think it's possible that I may have over played it's significance because I was a freaking child. The Green Monster had to be built because the ball park dimensions had to be squeezed into the dimensions of the streets that surrounded it. It only left room for a short left fence so the fence was raised. The Park was built in 1912 and at that time... The Green Monster was the tallest structure in all of New England. It could be seen in a photo from space taken in 1915. The right field line is where the Pesky Pole stands. It was named the pesky pole because it kept toppling over when they were trying to erect it. The construction workers found it to be Pesky to place upright. Johnny Pesky came along 30 years later and named himself after the pole. His original name was Johnny Pleasant and he underwent a drastic personality change when his name was changed. They also have a place in CF which is called the Triangle. It is called the Triangle because CF'ers are challenged to Try" and take a decent "Angle" when chasing baseballs around the bullpen.
3. Rubby De Le Rosa -- Rubby is 25 years old and from Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic. He is called Rubby because he likes Cheetos. The Red Sox acquired him in that huge trade with the Dodgers. The trade that emptied all the lazy overpaid superstars like Nick Punto off the Red Sox roster and put them on the Dodgers roster. Once Rubby became a Red Sock... The Team turned it around and won the World Series. He didn't pitch in the World Series but the team did rub his head for luck. I remember seeing him pitch with the Dodgers and back then he had a big fastball in the upper 90's and a decent change of pace and a wicked slider that he would throw for balls. He had TJ surgery since then and I admit I don't know if he is still that power guy.
4. World Series Winners -- Boston won the World Series last year... This year the Red Sox are 31-38 and 9 games out of 1st place. You don't have to look far to know where to place blame. John Ferrell is obviously a bad manager.
5. Kids -- I overheard my son arguing with a friend of his. His friend said "His Dad could beat up your Dad (meaning me)". I knew the kids dad... It wasn't true... This was clearly false. As a matter of fact... it isn't even debatable. So... I waited for my son to set him straight and he replied "Yeah... When"?
Edited by Riverbrian, 16 June 2014 - 03:47 PM.