- Article: Packers vs. Vikings preview: Time to Chill Out
Today, 08:54 AM
- Vikings legal team working with NFL to keep AP on sidelines
Today, 08:18 AM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Today, 07:36 AM
- Article: Pack Puts Away the Vikings with Ease
Yesterday, 10:19 PM
- Article: Packers vs. Vikings Game Thread
Yesterday, 05:05 PM
- Article: Vikings are Young and a Bit Restless
Yesterday, 11:44 AM
- Where Should The NFL Expand?
Yesterday, 11:16 AM
- Article: Fantasy Football Week 12 Rankings
Yesterday, 08:46 AM
- Would the Vikings have made the playoffs if Adrian Peterson was playing?
Nov 22 2014 11:23 AM
- Article: Preparing For Life Without Adrian Peterson
Nov 22 2014 11:10 AM
Article: Monday Morning Madness: June 16, 2014
Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:38 AM
Bremer made the comment yesterday that Nolasco has been victimized by his outfielders. First, can we remove the word "victimized" from Bremer's vocabulary? Second, yep, Nolasco was hurt by his outfielders but guess what? He mostly been hurt by the fact that HE HASN'T PITCHED WELL.
Give Dick a new script.
I love watching Morales run. Chug, chug, chug!! It's like watching an 1880's steam engine go around the bases.
Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:20 PM
Samuel - love him, but even at his best (which we haven't seen all season) he gives you six tumultuous innings and puts extra pressure on your bullpen to win his games for him.
So Sam to the bullpen, end the Matt Guerrier experiment/gift, and bring up May now and Meyer later when KC is gone, or Yohan Pino, or my adopt-a-prospect again, Kris Johnson.
I understand not opening up a 40-man roster spot for Deibinson, even though that move makes more sense than Pedro's return (given that we already have 3 shortstops in our lineup, playing various positions, all of them at least .150 points over Florimon's expected OBP).
Posted 17 June 2014 - 06:43 AM
Too early to even think about getting rid of Nolasco. You just don't sign a FA like that and give up on him after less than a half of baseball. He wasn't exactly helped out by that defense yesterday either.
I would completely agree that it is too early to pull the plug on Nolasco, but my worry is that too early will transition to too late and the Twins won't make a change. I hope this will not happen, but it seems like a reasonable concern. I would remove/replace the starters in the following order:
1. Deduno (mostly because I think he could provide value in the bullpen)
As for Eduardo Escobar...
He's fun to watch.
"Let's get after it." ~ Someone on the Twins, probably.
Kevin Slowey was Framed!
Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:01 AM