Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

MinnCentric Forums

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/13): Meyer Exits Early

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

Senior Member - MiLB Report Contributor

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 05:05 AM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...yer-Exits-Early

Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)

#2 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:09 AM

You can view the page at http://www.twinsdail...yer-Exits-Early

Scouting Report: Power: 30, Hitting: 50, Arm: 60, Defense: 40, Speed: 40. "Line drive swing and shows good contact and on-base abilities. Double's power at his peak. Strong arm from 2B or the OF, stiff hands. Not a fast runner, but above average instincts on the bases. Skinny body doesn't look the part, but can sneak up on you. ACL surgery sapped much of his athleticism." (Probably)

#3 AM.

AM.

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

Any word / reason for the early exit by Meyer?

#4 Smcginnity

Smcginnity

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 08:33 AM

There are some under the radar guys that I keep seeing pop up in the box scores of these reports. The first one and most impressive has been Todd Van Steensel. This guy seems to be a stud. Jason Kanzler and Ryan Walker are the others I keep seeing. These may be some quality prospects in a couple years.

#5 twinsfaninsaudi

twinsfaninsaudi

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 09:44 AM

So Meyer DIDN'T early due to injury?

#6 raindog

raindog

• Members
  • 304 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:07 AM

Geeze, that's a scary headline. Might want to clarify that.

#7 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,930 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:51 PM

I'd think we would have heard about an injury if there was one, but 55 pitches after 2 innings sounds suspicious to me. No one wants to give up 3 ER in 2 innings, but it seems pretty rare to remove a guy because of that. Plenty of guys give up 3 ER in the first two innings and end up looking respectable when their final line is 3ER after 6 innings.

#8 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:31 PM

Just a lot of pitches early in the game. It's my opinion a lot of pitches per inning, is much worse than high pitch counts for a game. "Chased" probably would have been a much better word, haha. Sorry for any heart attacks!

#9 Steve Lein

Steve Lein

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:35 PM

There are some under the radar guys that I keep seeing pop up in the box scores of these reports. The first one and most impressive has been Todd Van Steensel. This guy seems to be a stud. Jason Kanzler and Ryan Walker are the others I keep seeing. These may be some quality prospects in a couple years.

Van Steensel is getting a second chance with the organization, this time as a reliever. He has definitely looked good so far!