- Article: Fantasy Football Week 13 Rankings
Today, 08:43 AM
- Article: When Should We Start Worrying About Teddy? Not This Year
Today, 02:58 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: David Yankey, Drafting and the Offensive Line
Yesterday, 06:21 AM
- Matt Kalil's brother Ryan comes to his defense
Nov 26 2014 04:02 PM
- Article: Where Do We Point The Finger?
Nov 26 2014 03:17 PM
- Article: Fantasy Football Pants Party Podcast - Week 13
Nov 26 2014 12:48 AM
- Former Viking And Love Boat Coordinator Fred Smoot Arrested
Nov 25 2014 01:35 PM
- MUST SEE: Vikings' Matt Kalil Knocks Hat Off Fans' Head
Nov 25 2014 10:35 AM
- REPORT: Phil Loadholt Done For Season With Torn Pec
Nov 24 2014 08:52 PM
- Aaron Rodgers downs a "Grape Crush" at postgame press conference...
Nov 24 2014 03:35 PM
Video: Brian Dozier Wants Your Vote
Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:30 PM
Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:34 PM
but a serious baseball fan that votes for him over Cano and Kinsler is ignoring the current years stats and the career performance that is also a part of being an all-star.
Right now, Brian Dozier is a better second baseman than Kinsler and it's not a particularly close comparison.
Cano, eh... Dozier is a similar hitter but steals more bases and plays better defense. Brian has better than Robinson this year, though they're both in the conversation.
Posted 12 June 2014 - 01:49 PM
Dozier seems to be of the school that it is OK to have an all-star game with players that are not the all-tars. All for fun, but kind of pathetic in a "kidding on the square" type of way. Dozier may get on the team this year because the game is at Target, but a serious baseball fan that votes for him over Cano and Kinsler is ignoring the current years stats and the career performance that is also a part of being an all-star.
What are you talking about? Dozier is crushing both of them in OPS+ and WAR. In fact he's leading all of MLB 2B in WAR and ISO and leading the AL 2B in wOBP and wRC. What stats are you looking at? If you're looking at traditional stats he has more HR than them both combined. He's leading the league in Runs and has more RBI than Kinsler and only two less than Cano despite hitting leadoff nearly all year. The only possible thing you could be looking at to make that decision is batting average.
If anything, the only reason one would NOT vote for Dozier, is because it's a popularity contest.
Edited by nicksaviking, 12 June 2014 - 01:55 PM.