- Special Teams fire and cut them all.
Today, 07:42 PM
- Should Teddy win the ROY award?
Today, 06:27 PM
- Please welcome our new moderator: Melanie (Funkytown)
Today, 10:56 AM
- Purple Pain Members - Start Here!
Today, 09:57 AM
- Notable NFL News (Cuts, signings, injuries, etc.)
Today, 06:11 AM
- Vikings Free Agency News
Today, 06:06 AM
- Article: We Wish You a Purple Christmas
Today, 05:48 AM
- Article: Clock Management Bites The Vikings Once Again
Yesterday, 07:58 PM
- Article: Film Review: Teddy Dazzles While the Defense Grew Dim
Yesterday, 08:31 AM
- Article: Vikings Journal Mailbag: Salvaging Players, Fitting Zimmer's Defense, Chemistry and Draft Priorities
Yesterday, 06:15 AM
Can Dozier be a 30-30 guy this year?
Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:19 PM
Gomez (12 HR, 11 SB) and Blackmon (11 HR, 12 SB) look like the only other candidates - no-one else in the AL is close.
Who was the last Twins player to put up that power/speed combination?
Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:33 PM
Most steals by a 30-home run Twin? Puckett, with 20, followed by Gaetti, with 14.
Closest? Corey Koskie, 26 HRs and 27 steals. That was his career high in each category.
Edited by big dog, 10 June 2014 - 08:38 PM.
Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:46 PM
In '69, Killebrew went 49-8. Not the split you're looking for, but close to the total.
True, but getting 60 steals makes up for fewer HRs pretty nicely. OPS .800, played a very good second base- that would be ok.
I like both of these options, know a couple the Twins could add?
Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:53 PM
At this point, Dozier has established himself as being real. Power, speed, excellent defense, scores runs, knocks in runs, gets on base. I'm still confused by the low average though. He can clearly hit and has a good idea of the zone. I'm willing to accept a lower AVG for everything else his brings, but it's still puzzling to me.
Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:07 PM