Twins SP: Kevin Correia
1. Santana CF
2. Dozier 2B
3. Mauer 1B
4. Willingham LF
5. Morales DH
6. Arcia RF
7. Nunez 3B
8. Suzuki C
9. Escobar SS
Blue Jays SP: JA Happ
1. Reyes SS
2. Cabrera LF
3. Bautista RF
4. Encarnacion 1B
5. Lind DH
6. Lawrie 2B
7. Navarro C
8. Francisco 3B
9. Gose CF
Things to Think About:
1. The Rubberband -- Without a microscope I can't determine if the rubber band is still intact. 4 games under .500 is stretching it more than it's been stretched this year and it's clear that it will need some relief. Kendrys Morales was signed as a rubber band fixer. It's amazing how much you can make as a rubber band fixer.
2. Kevin Correia -- I'm just speculating but here is what my gut is telling me:
A. I had plenty to eat for lunch.
B. I need to do some sit ups.
C. Justin Beiber hasn't quite reached adulthood yet.
D. George Strait will probably un-retire in the future
E. Kevin Correia is probably pitching tonight for the right to stay in the rotation.
I don't think that Correia should be tossed aside just yet. If you need to... put him in the bullpen... We have no idea what kind of depth issues we will be facing going forward and we have no idea what the AAA pitchers will produce... any of them... BUT we do know that Correia has been struggling and that Trevor May is doing pretty well in Rochester. With both pitchers going tonight... They are matched up and if Correia struggles and May hangs a zero or close to... ???????????????????????????????? We just signed Morales... the Temptation would have to be high.
3. J.A. Happ -- His real name is James Anthony but he chooses to go by J.A. and he chooses to pronounce J.A... "Jay". So... He was able to walk his given name down from James Anthony to Jay in 3 steps. He calls his fastball "Faba and his Curve ball "Cuba" His Dog is named Byron Torii and is called By-Tor. When a reporter asked why he changed his named to J.A... He responded "I di no ch my na... I ju ca prno it". He's 31 years old and he was born in Peru... Yeah I know that sounds like one of my goofy jokes... but yeah... look it up... he was actually born in Peru. Fortunately for J.A... All of Peru was moved to Illinois (that might be one of my goofy jokes). He attended Northwestern and majored in History. This strong history education has provided him with a keen understanding that his ERA has sucked in historical comparison with others since 2011. He's left handed and that means he throws like a girl. I've seen him pitch a few times and he stunk each time. He was constantly up in the zone and I hope that continues.
4. Trevor May -- I still have not seen him pitch... Not once. I can't say if he's a quality major league pitcher or if he isn't... I look forward to eventually seeing him pitch in the majors and that time may be coming soon. Hopefully he doesn't put too much pressure on himself in Rochester today and just goes out and throws the type of game that makes everyone say. Alright... we gotta bring him up.
5. The Key to Happiness - People say that Money isn't the key to happiness. I'm pretty sure that this was said by someone who has money because if you don't have money... nobody listens to you and writes that stuff down. All in all... I think it's basically true. Money and happiness are two separate pursuits. But... I do know this... If I go to Cold Stone Creamery and I want Ice Cream and If I reach into my wallet and it's empty. I'm not happy when I walk out the door without ice cream. I also believe that if you are going to be miserable. I think it's better to have money and be miserable then not have money and be miserable. I've just checked my wallet... I have enough money to buy some ice cream. I'm happy!!!
Edited by Riverbrian, 10 June 2014 - 03:00 PM.