Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
Subscribe to Twins Daily Email
Photo

Article: Twins Minor League Report (6/8): Non-Offensive

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,171 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:08 PM

You can view the page at http://twinsdaily.co...)-Non-Offensive

#2 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

The Miracle need to find their team Home Run strokes. As a team the Miracle have 18 Home Runs this half (minus AB Walker). [Gonzales 5 - Polanco 4 - Hicks 2 - Turner 2 - Kepler 2 - Harrison 1 - Mejia 1 - Goodrum 1].

Last year in Cedar Rapids many of these same guys would have totaled 45 Home Runs as a team in their respective half of a seasons. [Hicks 13 - J.D. Wiiliams 8 - Kepler 9 - Harrison 10 - Gonzales 5]. This obviously doesn't show a true comparison with a seasons 1st half, but it does show some of the Power numbers these guys have been capable of in a respective half of season.

All of these guys have some serious power - So why isn't it showing in games? Maybe they are concentrating too much on being better hitters and not tapping in to what they do best. The Miracle are so much better than their numbers show. IMO

Great Game Wheeler!!

#3 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Trevor May's UCL

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Remember that the GCL has a lot of larger parks due to them being the ST homes of many MLB teams. It's never bad to want more homers, and I think we'll see these young guys adjusting well as they move through the season. The power will come. Be patient grasshopper.

#4 lightfoot789

lightfoot789

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:20 PM

Remember that the GCL has a lot of larger parks due to them being the ST homes of many MLB teams. It's never bad to want more homers, and I think we'll see these young guys adjusting well as they move through the season. The power will come. Be patient grasshopper.

I'll quote you here for future reference :)

#5 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 15,171 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

Paul is right, although it's the FSL (not the GCL)... I do think the bigger thing shown is just how incredible what Walker is doing. Guys just don't typically hit that many homers in the FSL. That said, I'd expect more from some of those guys.

#6 Paul Pleiss

Paul Pleiss

Trevor May's UCL

• Members
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:51 PM

Paul is right, although it's the FSL (not the GCL)... I do think the bigger thing shown is just how incredible what Walker is doing. Guys just don't typically hit that many homers in the FSL. That said, I'd expect more from some of those guys.

GCL, FSL, tomato, tomato.

(use humor to hide embarrassment)