Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Don Zimmer and the HOF

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Low Life with Upside

• Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:35 PM

I have to admit, I was very saddened to hear about the passing of Don Zimmer.

Maybe I am feeling a bit melancholy because of this event, but because of Zimmer's contributions to the game of Major League Baseball the last 66 years, I believe there is a place for him the HOF - not as a player, or as a manager, but as a teacher and ambassador of Major League Baseball.

Don Zimmer, seemingly has seen it all, and he has picked the minds of Pre-Golden aged Greats, Golden aged Greats and the greats that followed them. His dedication and his passion for baseball stand alone - not to forget, he has been a strong part in Historical events in the MLB.

Don Zimmer's dedication and teachings exemplifies the spirit of baseball and he should be given the greatest honor a baseball man deserves.... induction into the Hall of Fame.

Don Zimmer is the essence of MLB.

#2 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 2,751 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:47 AM

I agree. I think there are a number of baseball lifers whose combined work with MLB should be recognized. Buck O'Niel, Jim Kaat, Don Zimmer etc.

#3 Bark's Lounge

Bark's Lounge

Low Life with Upside

• Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

I agree. I think there are a number of baseball lifers whose combined work with MLB should be recognized. Buck O'Niel, Jim Kaat, Don Zimmer etc.

I am dumbfounded that Buck O'Neill is not in the HOF. I believe Jim Kaat eventually gets in as a player with the Veteran's Committee. I hope O'Neill gets in as I wish for Zimmer - as an All-Time Great Ambassador to Baseball.

Buck O'Neill is a legend!

#4 tcgolbar

tcgolbar

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

he is in the HOF, larger than most

http://baseballhall....ards/buck-oneil

#5 Kirby_waved_at_me

Kirby_waved_at_me

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 07:43 AM

Zimmer seems like he would be a fitting nominee for the Buck O'Neil award . . .