Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Game Thread: Brewers@Twins 6/5 7:10PM

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

#1 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,148 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:54 PM

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy with a 30-percent chance of rain. Winds blowing in from right field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature around 70.

ChiTown is coming along with the lineups. Check This Space for great specials.
Hey, Bri -- not sure what's special, but here you go ...

Brewers:
SP, Peralta

Segura SS
Braun RF
Lucroy C
Gomez CF
Ramirez DH
Davis LF
Gennett 2B
Reynolds 3B
Overbay 1B

Twins:
SP, Correia

Santana CF
Dozier 2B
Mauer 1B
Willingham LF
Arcia RF
Plouffe DH
Nuñez 3B
Pinto C
Escobar SS

--------------------------------------------------

Things to Think About:

1. Fun -- 28 and 29... That's kinda fun. Yes... That's where our wildest dreams live after the past few years. A .500 Record... Alright... Let's throw a party. Just in case the sarcasm meter is going off while you read this. It shouldn't be going off at all. I'm happy with the 28-29 record and the team is currently 4 games out of first in the AL Central. There is plenty of baseball to go and one hot streak could bring the cops to the party after the neighbors complain.

2. Wily Peralta -- Tonight the Twins face Wily Peralta... and Wily is doing quite well this year. He spent the last year as an average starter at the age of 21. He's 22 this year and his numbers dropped with a 2.73 ERA thus far. Wily was born in the Dominican Republic... A place called Samana. Hanley Ramirez and Fernando Rodney are also from Samana. If you look at a map of the Dominican Republic... it looks like a Triceratops looking to the right and if that's the case. Samana is located in the horn. So... If the Domincan republic were ever attacked by a T Rex. They would use Samana and surrounding area to impale the attacker. Obviously, sometime during his youth an "L" fell off his first name (probably when the T-Rex attacked) and he was too lazy to find it and put it back. He didn't own a baseball glove until he was 11 years old and used to practice pitching by throwing a lemon. Sometimes he would use a lime and after he watched younger children licking the wall that he was throwing against... He realized that he had invented Sprite. Wily throws a hard sinker and he throws it again and again and again and again. How he learned to throw a sinker like that with a lemon... I have no idea.

3. Rain -- There is rain in the forecast tonight for Target Field. The rain is supposed to fall between 7th and 5th street and 2nd and 6th Avenue in Minneapolis. The Target Center and Graves Hotel forecast is sunny.

4. Oswaldo Arcia -- Just like the Brewers are happy to see Peralta take large leaps forward in his development. The Twins have to be happy with the way Arcia is swinging the bat right now. Last night... He got around on an inside fastball and managed to keep it fair and gone by a large distance. That is an impressive set of hands. Keeping that ball fair takes talent. When you see him do something like that you realize that his potential ceiling is quite high. It's a moment where you put the stats down. Whatever they say... they don't say enough... He's capable of more.

5. Muzak -- I just realized that Muzak isn't really around much anymore. It's mostly used as on-hold entertainment these days. You don't find it in elevators much anymore... I suppose that's progress. I'm thinking about this because I sat on hold for a little while today and listened to a Muzak Version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and I got a little nervous. It was the fear that whoever came up with the idea of Muzak may be coming up with another idea.

Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 05 June 2014 - 03:06 PM.

A Skeleton walks into a bar and says... "Give me a beer... And a mop".

#2 Circus Boy

Circus Boy

Grain Belt: "The Friendly Beer"

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationHuron, SD

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:18 PM

Muzak is all boutique satellite stations now with original artists. You can hear it in most larger retail stores, including the one my wife and I own in S.D. Not sure what you were hearing. Possibly some ironic bump on NPR?

#3 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,827 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

I hope the Twins can do to Wile E. Peralta what the Roadrunner did to him.

#4 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:52 PM

I'm not surprised that Nunez was inserted into the lineup tonight, but I am surprised that he isn't playing 2nd Base. I thought for sure it was the right time for Dozier to finally take his first night off from the field and DH. Still, it's another solid-looking lineup, but I fear Wile E is going to be too much, he throws a gopher ball or two, but the wind is blowing in on the Twins lefties tonight.

Like many, our attention will be directed elsewhere. Hopefully this is the last time for a long, long time that the Twins draft so high, I'm hoping the worst they end up with is Gordon.

#5 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:54 PM

Pinto again?

#6 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,891 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:57 PM

Pinto again?

Baby steps for Gardy?..... or is TR back on duty in limited-task-mode- with some friendly phonecall lineup advice?

#7 MichiganTwins

MichiganTwins

• Members
  • 344 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Hopefully the Twins win again so Gardy must put Pinto in for a third game in a row.

#8 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:07 PM

If this is the start of Pinto catching 40% of the time, and DHing 20-30%of the time, that would be great.....imo.

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :)

#9 Beezer07

Beezer07

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:36 PM

Hope Pinto can break out of his slump tonight. Gonna need his offense once Willingham stops playing like it's 2010

#10 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester

• Members
  • 1,542 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:33 PM

Throwback uniforms again? Throwback to when, last Tuesday? :)

#11 ashburyjohn

ashburyjohn

Twins Daily Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,827 posts
  • LocationLake Tahoe, Nevada

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:56 PM

Throwback uniforms again? Throwback to when, last Tuesday? :)

Throw back to the clubhouse guy, I would have thought.

#12 CRArko

CRArko

Agent of SHIELD

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows.
  • Twitter: crarko

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:04 PM

Nick Gordon isn't in the lineup? Somebody needs to be fired. Immediately.
Take your time, and do it right. - N. Fury

#13 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Nick Gordon isn't in the lineup? Somebody needs to be fired. Immediately.

They don't even have Stewart available in the pen tonight.

Pathetic.

#14 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,289 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:20 PM

Hey, I just noticed that the 2013 Ace Pitcher didn't give up any runs in the first inning.

Way to go, champ!

#15 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

The lack of posts here so far is a bit odd.....

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :)

#16 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,148 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:40 PM

I'm here now... I'm usually a couple of pages.

#17 CRArko

CRArko

Agent of SHIELD

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:41 PM

Well, I could start my exoplanets lecture one paragraph at a time but people might get a little bored.

#18 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Gomez was excited about that catch. That's fun to see
I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#19 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 7,229 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:46 PM

Well, I could start my exoplanets lecture one paragraph at a time but people might get a little bored.

I love physics, or is it more astronomy?

#20 Joe A. Preusser

Joe A. Preusser

• Members
  • 726 posts

Is it too early ti jinx Correa?

#21 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,148 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

With Peralta on the mound... I would started Parmelee tonight. Parm handles sinkerballers pretty good.

#22 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

I like exoplanets
I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#23 Twins farm guru

Twins farm guru

• Members
  • 11 posts

Did gomez just give the suckit sign?

#24 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

• Members
  • 7,229 posts

KC is like when your favorite NFL team has 3 wins near the end of the year, and you know if they keep losing you get Andrew Luck, but you hate to root for your team to lose.....

#25 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,148 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

I like exoplanets

I think I would to... If I knew what they were.

#26 LaBombo

LaBombo

• Members
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:48 PM

Gomez' defense making me want to punt Bill Smith's Baxter, and I'm a mostly life-long dog owner/lover who has volunteered for various anti-abuse charity events.

Posted Image

#27 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 797 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

I think I would to... If I knew what they were.

Planets that aren't in the Solar System

#28 Riverbrian

Riverbrian

Goofy Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 10,148 posts
  • LocationGrand Forks

Gomez and Ramos were both heartbreakers to me... I normally don't get that worked up over trades.

With Gomez and Ramos... I saw they were uniquely skilled right away. I was never. A Capps fan... And Hardy wasn't nearly enough in my opinion for someone with Go Gos tool box.

#29 CRArko

CRArko

Agent of SHIELD

• Members
  • 1,782 posts

I love physics, or is it more astronomy?

This would largely be astronomers and engineers, mostly associated with the Kepler spacecraft.

http://kepler.nasa.gov

As near as I can tell Max Kepler is not related to Johannes. I wondered about that.

#30 Twins farm guru

Twins farm guru

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:54 PM

Why wouldnt kc just bean that hotdog gomez?