ChiTown is coming along with the lineups. Check This Space for great specials.
Hey, Bri -- not sure what's special, but here you go ...
Things to Think About:
1. Fun -- 28 and 29... That's kinda fun. Yes... That's where our wildest dreams live after the past few years. A .500 Record... Alright... Let's throw a party. Just in case the sarcasm meter is going off while you read this. It shouldn't be going off at all. I'm happy with the 28-29 record and the team is currently 4 games out of first in the AL Central. There is plenty of baseball to go and one hot streak could bring the cops to the party after the neighbors complain.
2. Wily Peralta -- Tonight the Twins face Wily Peralta... and Wily is doing quite well this year. He spent the last year as an average starter at the age of 21. He's 22 this year and his numbers dropped with a 2.73 ERA thus far. Wily was born in the Dominican Republic... A place called Samana. Hanley Ramirez and Fernando Rodney are also from Samana. If you look at a map of the Dominican Republic... it looks like a Triceratops looking to the right and if that's the case. Samana is located in the horn. So... If the Domincan republic were ever attacked by a T Rex. They would use Samana and surrounding area to impale the attacker. Obviously, sometime during his youth an "L" fell off his first name (probably when the T-Rex attacked) and he was too lazy to find it and put it back. He didn't own a baseball glove until he was 11 years old and used to practice pitching by throwing a lemon. Sometimes he would use a lime and after he watched younger children licking the wall that he was throwing against... He realized that he had invented Sprite. Wily throws a hard sinker and he throws it again and again and again and again. How he learned to throw a sinker like that with a lemon... I have no idea.
3. Rain -- There is rain in the forecast tonight for Target Field. The rain is supposed to fall between 7th and 5th street and 2nd and 6th Avenue in Minneapolis. The Target Center and Graves Hotel forecast is sunny.
4. Oswaldo Arcia -- Just like the Brewers are happy to see Peralta take large leaps forward in his development. The Twins have to be happy with the way Arcia is swinging the bat right now. Last night... He got around on an inside fastball and managed to keep it fair and gone by a large distance. That is an impressive set of hands. Keeping that ball fair takes talent. When you see him do something like that you realize that his potential ceiling is quite high. It's a moment where you put the stats down. Whatever they say... they don't say enough... He's capable of more.
5. Muzak -- I just realized that Muzak isn't really around much anymore. It's mostly used as on-hold entertainment these days. You don't find it in elevators much anymore... I suppose that's progress. I'm thinking about this because I sat on hold for a little while today and listened to a Muzak Version of "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and I got a little nervous. It was the fear that whoever came up with the idea of Muzak may be coming up with another idea.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 05 June 2014 - 03:06 PM.