Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Willingham/Arcia

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ThaBamaHamma

ThaBamaHamma

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:01 AM

Since they've returned from DL... their line stats are .344/.500/.750/1.250 for Hammer and .333/.333/.619/.952 for Waldo. Plus these two have hit 70% of the team's HRs (7 of 10) and 51% of the RBIs (19 of 37) since their return. I know they won't keep this pace for too long but these numbers are very impressive for two guys who's injuries directly affected their swings. Fun to watch these guys bat right now.

BTW..New member here and good to find this board. Like the way the Twins are battling this season... I think they have a good chance to be in the thick of things this Sept.

#2 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

Welcome to the forum. Please share something about yourself in the rookies and lurkers thread.

I suspect most of the board won't share your optimism on September, but I do think this team should hover around the .500 mark for the remainder of the season. At the very least, they are a lot more tolerable to watch. I wonder if they try to trade Hammer if he keeps it up.

#3 biswrest

biswrest

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:36 AM

In years past it will be the Twins way to keep the Hammer if he keeps hitting and resign him, especially with no one on the farm looking to take his spot. Unless Rosario comes along way this year...

#4 ThaBamaHamma

ThaBamaHamma

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:40 AM

Good question... Come AS break if Ham still has some pop.. maybe .250/.375/.475/.850 or better, I think some teams might be interested in buying down the stretch. But if Twins are still showing life.. within 8 games or so of first, I think they will keep him to see if he can help make the playoffs. What you think?

Edited by ThaBamaHamma, 05 June 2014 - 12:00 PM.

#5 diehardtwinsfan

diehardtwinsfan

Twins Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 4,685 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:57 AM

Strictly from a long term standpoint, I'd trade Hammer, and probably a few other guys if someone gave up anything of value for them. While this team might be good enough to be a pretender, I really don't see them as a realistic contender this season. Their main goals should be getting younger guys playing time. If trading Hammer meant leatting Parmelee play every day in right, I'd be fine with that, even with the drop off in talent.

#6 Danchat

Danchat

• Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

On the topic of trading, the last two years, the Twins were not (that) close to the playoffs. Yet they did almost no trading, only sending Butera, Carroll, and Liriano away. If we're close, we probably won't trade anyone. That's just how we work.

#7 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,092 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

Trading Willingham, Escobar/Santana, and Fien could bring back very solid returns. Duensing, Burton, Parmelee, and Swarzak might have some mid-tier prospect returns (still top 500-1000 overall).

#8 spycake

spycake

• Members
  • 1,910 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:56 PM

On the topic of trading, the last two years, the Twins were not (that) close to the playoffs. Yet they did almost no trading, only sending Butera, Carroll, and Liriano away. If we're close, we probably won't trade anyone. That's just how we work.

Morneau. Plus, we didn't really have anything to trade. Still don't, really.

#9 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,135 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:06 PM

Ya, I don't think using last year as an indication of whether they will trade people is a good idea......they had NO ONE to trade other than Perkins really.
Lighten up Francis....