Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Spring training performance nonsense, vol. 9284919 . . .

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

In looking up who the Yankees might call up for relief help (Kevin Whelan, perhaps) instead of the ludicrous notion that they would trade anything of value for Matt Capps, I noticed that in 86 at bats for Scranton/W-B, Steve Pearce is going ape with a 1.055 OPS. Sure glad the Twins make preposterous roster judgments based on spring training performance . . .

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 7,579 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 09:46 AM

In looking up who the Yankees might call up for relief help (Kevin Whelan, perhaps) instead of the ludicrous notion that they would trade anything of value for Matt Capps, I noticed that in 86 at bats for Scranton/W-B, Steve Pearce is going ape with a 1.055 OPS.

Sure glad the Twins make preposterous roster judgments based on spring training performance . . .

If Steve Pearce was on the roster for the Twins now, would they have another win? He was hurt all spring (so I would argue they should have put him on a DL instead of just letting him go), but it's not like the Twins don't have enough AAAA types.

#3 Thrylos

Thrylos

Yes

• Members
  • 4,337 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA, USA
  • Twitter: thrylos98

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:15 AM

Yeah. Plus there were other issues with Steve Pearce last Spring. Let just say that he was not the nicest person to be around, and live it at that.
-----
Blogging Twins since 2007 at The Tenth Inning Stretch
http://tenthinningst...h.blogspot.com/
twitter: @thrylos98