Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Vikings Journal Forums

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Salt in the wound

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,350 posts
  • LocationBeverly Hills, CA

Posted 03 May 2012 - 11:41 PM

Tonight, a day after getting 9 runs and 15 hits against the hitless Twins, the Angels got shut out (and only 3 hits) against Toronto. The Angels have had a terrible season, except against the Twins. And it was agonizing last night waiting for the first hit of the game, which never came. Meanwhile, the Angels were racking up 15 hits. Do we have much of a chance against decent teams? Would the Twins current roster be in first place if they all played together on a AAA team?

#2 Top Gun

Top Gun

• Members
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 12:37 AM

Maybe if you put your rally hat on!

#3 Shane Wahl

Shane Wahl

• Members
  • 4,105 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

There are simple roster TRIES out there and this straight up pisses me off that nothing has changed. Maybe they don't end up as solutions, but something has to be attempted. Over the next month there are 10 players worthy of a potential trial with the Twins. In order, they are: Anthony Slama Darin Mastroianni Jeff Manship Scott Diamond Cole DeVries Matt Carson Ray Chang P.J. Walters Deolis Guerra Michael Hollimon None of them are prospects other than Diamond and Guerra, technically, but these may be serviceable players.

#4 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,350 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:20 AM

There are simple roster TRIES out there and this straight up pisses me off that nothing has changed. Maybe they don't end up as solutions, but something has to be attempted.

Over the next month there are 10 players worthy of a potential trial with the Twins. In order, they are:

Anthony Slama
Darin Mastroianni
Jeff Manship
Scott Diamond
Cole DeVries
Matt Carson
Ray Chang
P.J. Walters
Deolis Guerra
Michael Hollimon

None of them are prospects other than Diamond and Guerra, technically, but these may be serviceable players.

It seems likely that at least one of these guys could stick in the majors. And it's not as if bringing them up is going to hurt our playoff chances.

#5 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,350 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:37 AM

Angels get shut out for the second game in a row after getting 9 runs against the Twins. I bet they wish that we could be in their division.

#6 glunn

glunn

Head Moderator

• Twins Mods
  • 5,350 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:23 PM

I am watching the Angels postgame show, and it's sickening how they are pretending like they just beat a major league baseball team.