Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.
The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Photo

Game Thread: Twins @ Yankees, 5/31@12:10pm CT

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#1 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

Moderation in all things ...

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

Game-time forecast: Partly cloudy. Winds blowing in from left field at 10-15 m.p.h. Temperature near 70.

Twins:
SP, Correia

Dozier 2B
Escobar SS
Mauer DH
Willingham LF
Arcia RF
Plouffe 3B
Parmelee 1B
Pinto C
Hicks CF

Yankees:
SP, Tanaka

Gardner LF
Jeter DH
Ellsbury CF
Teixiera 1B
-Roberts (PH/6) 2B
McCann C
Soriano RF
Solarte 2B-3B
Johnson 3B-1B
Ryan SS

--------------------------------

And we patiently await for Brian's morning coffee to reach his brain ... check back soon-ish.
-----------------------------------

No Problem... I just poured the coffee directly on it. Of course my skull was in the way but I found that the burning sensation did jump start me a bit.

Things to Think About:

1. Bloody Eyelids -- In a survey of 100 women... 75% of all women do not find bloody eyelids attractive in a man... 16% don't care either way... 5% seek out men with bloody eyelids and 4% can't find Nebraska on a map. Other interesting data from the survey... 66% would treat the injury with hydrogen peroxide. 22% would treat the wound with stronger nuclear materials and 12% would leave it alone hoping he learns a lesson. More information from the women. 90% percent feel a band aid on they eyelid would look strange while 60% percent think an eye patch would be kinda sexy. 14% percent think an eye patch on both eyes would stop men from looking at other women. 98% would be upset if he got blood on his shirt or furniture and 106% feel strongly that it is the man's fault. No matter what the women think... Danna Santana is out of the lineup today after getting 7 eyelid stitches.

2. Mashiro Tanaka -- Starting for the Yankees today is the latest Japanese sensation Mashiro Tanaka. This guy is 7-1 with a 2.29 ERA. Combine this with his 24-0 record in Japan last year and he has lost just once while winning whatever 24 + 7 is(I didn't bring my abacus). Mashiro is 25 years old and was born in the Hyogo prefecture of Japan. I had to look up what a "prefecture is". The difference between a prefecture and a state is prefectures don't have the same authority that states hold... Prefecture are more like counties. I only thing I know about counties is that I seem to get busted for speeding more in certain counties than others. I've seen Tanaka pitch a couple of times and the first thing that caught my eye was his splitter... It looked nasty.

3. Yosmil Pinto -- He's in the lineup today!!! Starting at Catcher and batting 8th. So... Now what can I complain about. Complaining about Pinto was starting to feel comfortable and once you find comfort in complaining... when you don't have anything to complain about you start to feel uncomfortable. I guess I'm like a farmer... It either rains too much or it doesn't rain enough.

4. 4 5 and 6 -- With Plouffe moved from 3 to 6 in the lineup... The Middle of the order supplied power for our Twins last night and I hope it continues to do just that. Tack on Parmelee at 7 and Pinto at 8 and we have 5 guys in a row who can jerk one. They may need to jerk some today against Tanaka.

5. Mountain Bikes -- My son has a mountain bike... What he doesn't have... is a mountain.

Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 31 May 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#2 KirbyHawk75

KirbyHawk75

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:41 AM

Has anyone heard how Santana is doing?

#3 edavis0308

edavis0308

• Members
  • 576 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:44 AM

Man its refreshing to look at a lineup and think... man that team can slug.

#4 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,134 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:47 AM

I am going to the game today, thus we already know the Twins will lose. The good news is you can enjoy this beautiful day with your family/friends/lover(s) instead of wasting 4 hours watching Correia give up bomb after bomb.

Your welcome in advance,

SOVD
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

:whacky028::whacky028: :whacky028::whacky028:

#5 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,785 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:50 AM

You definitely know how to pick your games!

Have fun and pray for a miracle.

#6 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

Hey, if the Cubs can beat Tanaka, so can we! Oh, wait ... the Cubs don't have Correia ...

#7 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

I am going to the game today, thus we already know the Twins will lose. The good news is you can enjoy this beautiful day with your family/friends/lover(s) instead of wasting 4 hours watching Correia give up bomb after bomb.

Your welcome in advance,

SOVD

Why on earth would you choose to go to THIS game?

#8 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:27 AM

I'm liking how that lineup looks
I couldn't be a player because of bad eyesight, so I decided to be an umpire instead.

#9 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:31 AM

Multiple stitches, eye swollen, day to day.

#10 Hawkeye12

Hawkeye12

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:38 AM

So I said it before the San Diego start and he won, but forgot to his last start. Complete game shutout for Corriea?

#11 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:51 AM

This from LEN3: Danny Santana is not available today after taking seven stitches in his right upper eyelid on Friday. His eye is a little swollen, and trainers told Gardenhire no-go with Santana.

Hmm ... I thought it was his left eye?

#12 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:57 AM

This from LEN3: Danny Santana is not available today after taking seven stitches in his right upper eyelid on Friday. His eye is a little swollen, and trainers told Gardenhire no-go with Santana.

LEN3 desperately needs a copy editor, a job that apparently no longer exists at the Strib.

#13 stringer bell

stringer bell

Confirmed Hacker

• Twins News Team
  • 4,044 posts
  • LocationZumbrota MN

Posted 31 May 2014 - 09:59 AM

A little weak at 1B and DH, but hey, the corner OFs, and the rest of the infield is OK>

#14 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:00 AM

LEN3 desperately needs a copy editor, a job that apparently no longer exists at the Strib.

I could be wrong. I don't know where I got left eye. So maybe I should get the copy editor? ;)

#15 jokin

jokin

Twins News Team

• Twins News Team
  • 7,108 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:01 AM

A little weak at 1B and DH, but hey, the corner OFs, and the rest of the infield is OK>

"Irony Alert?"

#16 TKGuy

TKGuy

• Members
  • 308 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:35 AM

May going for the Wings today, so he matches up with Correia perfectly

a guy can hope

#17 ChiTownTwinsFan

ChiTownTwinsFan

• Twins Mods
  • 5,763 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:50 AM

1. Bloody Eyelids -- In a survey of 100 women... 75% of all women do not find bloody eyelids attractive in a man... 16% don't care either way... 5% seek out men with bloody eyelids and 4% can't find Nebraska on a map. Other interesting data from the survey... 66% would treat the injury with hydrogen peroxide. 22% would treat the wound with stronger nuclear materials and 12% would leave it alone hoping he learns a lesson. More information from the women. 90% percent feel a band aid on they eyelid would look strange while 60% percent think an eye patch would be kinda sexy. 14% percent think an eye patch on both eyes would stop men from looking at other women. 98% would be upset if he got blood on his shirt or furniture and 106% feel strongly that it is the man's fault. No matter what the women think... Danna Santana is out of the lineup today after getting 7 eyelid stitches.

You know, Brian ... just some friendly advice. It's kind of dangerous to pretend to think you know what women think, even jokingly. ;)

Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 31 May 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#18 amjgt

amjgt

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 10:54 AM

[COLOR=#333333]Dozier 2B[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]Escobar SS[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]Mauer DH[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]Willingham LF[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]Arcia RF[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]Plouffe 3B[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]Parmelee 1B[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]Pinto C[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333]Hicks CF[/COLOR]

I like this lineup. The only way it could be better is with Mauer playing 1st and Suzuki DH-ing, but I think we all know that will not happen.

Any lineup that has The Fire Hydrant in the 8 hole, can't be all bad.

#19 Hawkeye12

Hawkeye12

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:16 AM

Thanks Hammer.

#20 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Nice. Runs will be hard-earned today.

#21 longstrangetrip

longstrangetrip

• Members
  • 351 posts

Great hitting approach by our DH. Look at the first pitch fastball strike so you can eventually strike out on the unhittable splitter.

Fortunately Willy picks J(O and 1) up...attakid!

#22 JB_Iowa

JB_Iowa

Cynical Oldie

• Members
  • 3,785 posts
  • LocationNorthwest Iowa

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Something I never thought I'd read:

#23 Brock Beauchamp

Brock Beauchamp

Owner

• Administrators
  • 8,798 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:17 AM

Something I never thought I'd read:

Yep. I'm pretty forgiving of Mauer but that was just plain bad.

#24 howeda7

howeda7

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:18 AM

Just a brutal AB for Mauer there. Thankfully Hammer picks him up

#25 Gibby

Gibby

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

Baseball players are wusses.

#26 howeda7

howeda7

• Members
  • 407 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:22 AM

Is there any chance this Corriea's last start after he gives up 8 runs in 3 innings today?

#27 Willihammer

Willihammer

ice cream correspondent

• Members
  • 2,986 posts
  • LocationSaint Paul

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Correia is missing his spots early

#28 OldTimeTwinkie

OldTimeTwinkie

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:24 AM

Does are pitching coach not see thst KC is throwing meat. Go out and chew his a... out!

#29 cmathewson

cmathewson

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

What's the new over/under on a Correia DFA?
"If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

#30 Gibby

Gibby

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

Correia is missing his spots early

Deja Vu