ChiTown is in Chicago right now getting the lineups from the Managers directly and she will post them here once released.
Because she is in Chicago getting the lineups from the Managers directly... She'll posting lineups from the White Sox vs. Padres game.
Just pretend... you are interested anyway.
Chi here: I was very tempted to post those for fun, but game-time is serous time!
Things to Think About:
1. New York -- New York City is not to be confused with New York State. New York City makes up approximately .0003% of the land mass of New York state and contains approximately 99.9997% of the states population. The reason for this disproportionate ratio of people and land is a 2 mile high wall across the north end of the metro with armed guards that prevent New York City residents and Kurt Russell from moving to someplace nicer like Schenectady. New York City is a combination of five boroughs which were all dug by real large hamsters and a collection of distinct neighborhoods... such as Little Italy which is shaped like a sandal... Chinatown which has the largest population of Portuguese outside of Lisbon... Noho and Soho which were both so-named because the person in charge of naming them was shot dead before he couldn't finish spelling them out... Sugar Hill which is full of gangs that have a peculiar way of speaking (Bang Bang the boogie to the boogie say up jump the boogie)... And Alphabet City which was the home of Jazz Musician Charlie Parker. Charlie was the guy who wrote that 1987 Grammy award winning song. A B C D E F G(Pause) H I J K Ellemenopee (Pause) Q R S (Pause) T U V (Pause) W X Y and Z. New York City is also home to the world famous Katz Deli... Which is where Terry Ryan was filmed by Rob Reiner making odd happy sounds while having lunch with Billy Crystal.
2. Yankee Stadium -- Is situated in the crime invested borough of the Bronx. A new Yankee Stadium had to be built because the old one was boosted at gunpoint. It is modern and has some unique features such as seats behind home plate that cost per game more than the total Gross National Product of 65 countries and a Right field wall that is actually 12 feet in front of the 1st base bag. The Old Yankee stadium was so steeped in history that the ghosts of Babe Ruth, Lou Gehrig, Joe DiMaggio and Mickey Mantle would actually take bites out of your hot dog if you looked away. The ghosts of the old Yankee stadium now hang out at Citi Field in the Queens and use their ghost powers to prevent the Mets from scoring.
3. The 2014 Yankees -- They cost a lot of money to put together with a payroll of 6.7 Billion which is just a hair over the luxury tax threshold. The average age of the team is 77 years old... Chief still tells them to get off his lawn with all their partying and crazy jungle dances. The Yankees are the only team in Major League baseball that doesn't utilize the Disabled List... The Commissioner has granted special status to the Yankees to use hospice care instead. The Activities Director of the Yankees also has a unique job description in comparison to the other 29 teams... Instead of organizing and executing game day promotions for fans in attendance. The Activities Director is in charge of Arts and Crafts and weekly shuffleboard tourneys for the players.
4. Vidal Nuno -- Taking the mound for the Yankees is Vidal Nuno... Yep... that's the guy. A former 48th Round draft pick in 2009 of the Cleveland Indians out of Baker University in Baldwin City Kansas. It took some convincing but after college... Vidal gave up his dream of being a Baker and decided to try throwing a round object as an Indian. He was initially disappointed because he thought he was going to become an actual Native American Indian professionally but the baseball thing has worked out in hindsight because here he is... in the big leagues facing our Minnesota Twins.
5. I was recently asked by someone new in town... "How do you get to Menards"? I said "It's way on the South End of Town"... He then asked me if it was within walking distance? and I said "Yes it is".
Of course that was a trick question in my mind because if you have the time... Reno, Nevada is within walking distance... I truly feel that I answered him honestly.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 30 May 2014 - 03:06 PM.