Forecast: Nice day!
Things to Think About:
1. 24-26 -- After 50 games... The Twins remain in striking distance of .500. 13-13 at home and 11-13 on the road. Get a win today and it's a winning home record. Despite the offensive taking a vacation and leaving pitching and defense to do all the housework at home... The Twins are 4-6 in their last 10 and still in position to recover and get moving. The Rubber band still has the ability to pull this thing back. Through it all... The Twins are still average... they still have some so-so juice.
2. Sam Deduno -- He sports a 3.48 ERA and while he hasn't gone great distances on the mound... 6 innings the max thus far. He has not been blown out and you can't say he hasn't given his team a chance to win a baseball game when he has taken the hill. With news of additional health problems for Pelfrey... It looks like Deduno can and is locking himself into the rotation. Now give me the key and I'll swallow it.
3. Nick Martinez -- There are not many baseball players in the majors that I have not seen. I watch a lot of baseball and have seen most players at least once. I have not seen Nick Martinez... I have no idea what he throws. I do know that the Rangers rotation is full of holes and someone had to jump in and help fill those holes and Nick Martinez is one of those guys. At some point Derek Holland is going to come back and somebody is gonna have to get out of the hole so Holland can fill it instead it. Nick is pitching for a starting spot in the rotation and he has been doing pretty good so far. He's got a 2.14 ERA although his WHIP is at 1.43 so the ERA could be soft. Nick was born in Miami Florida and he is 23 years old. That's pretty young... at that age... He probably thinks his parents don't know anything.
4. Eduardo Nunez -- The stories came flooding out of New York... Nunez can't play defense!!! Do an internet search and you read article after article about Nunez not being able to play defense. I keep watching for it... just to see it for myself and I haven't seen it yet unless you count some of his OF adventures. I'm not saying he can play defense... maybe he can't... I'm saying I haven't seen it yet and I think it's possible that he waits until I turn the channel to start kicking the ball around.
5. Break-ups -- A friend of mine was upset today because he came home from a week on the road and his girlfriend had left him without warning. He was a little troubled about losing her and not really knowing why... He was caught off guard and there was just a note saying she can't do this anymore. Although... He was mostly concerned because she took all of her stuff. That included the Refrigerator... The Bed... The Shampoo. It's been a rough couple of days sleeping on the floor and things kept cold in a cooler. I didn't know what to say to him to make him feel better. I told him that she should have given two week notice... and a temp should have been brought in. I probably shouldn't be giving advice when I'm working and in work mode.
Edited by ChiTownTwinsFan, 29 May 2014 - 11:31 AM.