Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

From MinnCentric

Photo

Kyle Zimmer injury

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:35 AM

http://espn.go.com/m...immer-back-hurt

I wanted the Twins to draft Buxton but if we had to choose between Gausman/Appel/Zimmer, I wanted Zimmer. Shows what I know. Gausman is looking solid in AAA but probably ends up a #2 instead of a true ace, Appel has been sent back to EST and Zimmer's got a pretty cloudy future.

#2 Seth Stohs

Seth Stohs

Owner

• Administrators
  • 9,130 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:15 AM

http://espn.go.com/m...immer-back-hurt

I wanted the Twins to draft Buxton but if we had to choose between Gausman/Appel/Zimmer, I wanted Zimmer. Shows what I know. Gausman is looking solid in AAA but probably ends up a #2 instead of a true ace, Appel has been sent back to EST and Zimmer's got a pretty cloudy future.

Is it possible that the scouts know a little bit more than we do? I was a Gausman guy, but that was just from reading, not watching. I obviously had never seen Buxton play.

And, by the way, if Gausman is a #2, then that is a hugely successful pick. There aren't a lot of #2s in baseball. Maybe 15 true #1s, and maybe another 15-20 true #2 types.

#3 gunnarthor

gunnarthor

• Members
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:19 AM

And, by the way, if Gausman is a #2, then that is a hugely successful pick. There aren't a lot of #2s in baseball. Maybe 15 true #1s, and maybe another 15-20 true #2 types.

Agreed.

#4 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 8,116 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 01:49 PM

I think I wanted Gausman also.....

What I just typed is probably an opinion, not a fact. I mean, I'm usually right, so you should maybe assume it is or will be a fact soon, but that's up to you. :) Also, I am NOT trying to convince anyone I am correct, I'm just talking here, not arguing.