Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The same great Twins Daily coverage, now for the Vikings.

The Store

Recent Blogs

Photo

Two word solution for our CF problem

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:08 AM

Ichiro Suzuki

Now, don't get me wrong, he isn't the most ideal CF in the world at this point, but in a pinch I think he can handle CF while Hicks goes down to AAA to work things out. Ichiro is having a nice year for the Yankees, but is currently in a back up role, there were talks before the season about him wanting to play every day and honestly I don't see why that would change for him.

What would it take to get him?
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"- L. Harvey Oswald

:whacky028::whacky028: :whacky028::whacky028:

#2 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

not sure if serious
Lighten up Francis....

#3 Brad Swanson

Brad Swanson

SeƱior Member

• Members
  • 674 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 09:52 AM

I love this idea. If we're going to pursue a stop-gap solution, why not try for a cultural icon?

"Let's get after it." ~ Someone on the Twins, probably.
Kevin Slowey was Framed!

#4 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:11 AM

I lost an internal bet with myself.

I was positive the the two words were going to be Mark DeRosa.

I'm game for Ichiro. Not sure if he should be playing CF, but really, that can be said for every OF above AA ball for this club. Get him, play him most every day and re-sign him again next year if it looks like he may have a chance to get 3,000 in 2015. I love getting the old vets chasing milestones.

#5 Boom Boom

Boom Boom

Hydraulic Choppers

• Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:37 AM

When I saw the title of this thread the first two words that popped into my head were "Clete Thomas".

I guess I'd be OK with it if the Yankees paid most of his salary to ship him out. Otherwise keep watching that waiver wire.

#6 Brandon

Brandon

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:45 AM

I have no problem with this. Though I don't think he has the stamina to play everyday anymore. I suspect his average is up because he is not worn down playing everyday. But I bet he is good for 400 or so at bats.

I think this is my favorite solution but would Ichiro want to come here? He may rather be on the bench for a chance at a world title.

Would a trade of Corriea and Darnell Logan get it done?

#7 amjgt

amjgt

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 11:58 AM

Was this worth a new thread with a thread just a little down the first page, that asked the very question you answered?

#8 kdrupp09

kdrupp09

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:24 PM

I have no problem with this. Though I don't think he has the stamina to play everyday anymore. I suspect his average is up because he is not worn down playing everyday. But I bet he is good for 400 or so at bats.

I think this is my favorite solution but would Ichiro want to come here? He may rather be on the bench for a chance at a world title.

Would a trade of Corriea and Darnell Logan get it done?

I agree with you in terms of his average being up because of limited time. In terms of a trade of Corriea and Darnell for Ichiro, that seems like too much for at this point a back-up, even though Corriea isn't really worth much, this just seems like too much.

#9 mike wants wins

mike wants wins

Would Like to be More Positive

• Members
  • 6,235 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:37 PM

Way too much to give up for a stop gap player, especially for a non contending team.

#10 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 12:55 PM

Was this worth a new thread with a thread just a little down the first page, that asked the very question you answered?

Yes.

#11 old nurse

old nurse

• Members
  • 1,752 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:08 PM

Ichero plays for 6.5 million a year. The Yankees would give him up for an autographed Aaron Hicks bat with the Twins having more than enough money to pay for the remainder of his contract

#12 nicksaviking

nicksaviking

• Members
  • 3,743 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:16 PM

Correia doesn't seem like the Yankees kind of pitcher, but trading a bad 1-year contract for another bad 1-year contract where both teams (questionably) fill a postion of need might work.

#13 gil4

gil4

Irrational Optimist

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

Post #4 made it worth it

#14 Don't Feed the Greed Guy

Don't Feed the Greed Guy

• Members
  • 444 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Ichiro Suzuki? Well, it's better than "More Cowbell."

#15 cmathewson

cmathewson

• Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 02:22 PM

Yes. Not as a starter, but we still lack a fourth outfielder and I don't know when Fuld will come back. I remember Span had a mysterious concussion (didn't hit his head, slid into a brick wall [Bengie Molina] at home plate). Everybody thought he would be back in the seven days. He missed the rest of the season.

I would give up either Pelfrey or Correia for him. I just don't think the Yankees would want either pitcher. And if the Yankees are honoring his wish to start, it wouldn't work to trade him to a team who doesn't promise to make him the starter.
"If you'da been thinkin' you wouldn't 'a thought that.."

#16 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,137 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:42 AM

Why wouldn't Ichiro be a starter on this team?