Providing independent coverage of the Minnesota Twins.

The Store

Subscribe to Twins Daily Email

Recent Blogs

Photo

Aaron Hicks position change?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:04 PM

I read earlier today that Aaron Hicks will quit batting left and only bat right for now. The real question might be when does he quit being an outfielder and become a pitcher? I do recall when he was drafted that they talked whether he would be drafted as a hitter or pitcher. So there still may be a chance to save his career and convert him into a pitcher.

#2 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester

• Members
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:57 PM

I read earlier today that Aaron Hicks will quit batting left and only bat right for now. The real question might be when does he quit being an outfielder and become a pitcher? I do recall when he was drafted that they talked whether he would be drafted as a hitter or pitcher. So there still may be a chance to save his career and convert him into a pitcher.

It's an interesting thought and not unprecedented -- do you have any stats or sources?

#3 darin617

darin617

• Members
  • 615 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

http://www.maxpreps....eball-stats.htm

I doubt this link will be allowed.

#4 Hosken Bombo Disco

Hosken Bombo Disco

Rochester

• Members
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 05:52 PM

Wow - good enough for me. Wild but dominant in HS (sort of dominant).

Joe Nathan was converted from position player to pitcher in the minor leagues but I'm wondering if that wasn't right away in A ball or even rookie ball -early early in his career.

#5 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

Sigh...

#6 SpiritofVodkaDave

SpiritofVodkaDave

• Members
  • 4,241 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

You know what else can save his career!?!?

Not throwing in the towel on himat the age of 24